Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dave Smith Strutter 360 & squatting hen

Looking good:way:

I have a struttin 360 but I dont think it is gonna have enough nuts if I get any kind of a breeze with the strutter.

So if you tell or show how you did your strutter that would be great.

I want to know if you have ever had anybody try to sneek your decoys that looks as real as it gets almost unfair

Last year in S.D. I went to find a few friends and when
I came back I had a hunter sneaking in on my setup that I
left up.
Could of been a scary situation.

I would think that most hunters could easily see a blind setup near the dekes, and put 2 & 2 together????

He was coming from the side and my blind was slightly recessed
in a little alcove area to the left.
I came up walking behind the hunter and it was very hard to see
the blind from that angle.
He played it off like he could tell the difference and was not going to shoot them. I could not tell the difference just looking
at them from there. :eek:

Just be careful.

Thanks for all of the positive response guys! I have been pmed heavily between here and AT, with guys wanting me to show them how I do this. I hope you understand when I say that I am not ready at this time to share this with everybody. I put a lot of research and development into it. I have quite a few product ideas or inventions that would sell and be big hits with hunters, but lack of free time and ESPECIALLY cash to get these products to the public, halt the process. I contacted Primos a year ago, and he only responds to written letters, and then if I show Primos, or someone else with the resources to get this marketed, what keeps them from ripping me off, and running with it on their own?

Thanks for all of the positive response guys! I have been pmed heavily between here and AT, with guys wanting me to show them how I do this. I hope you understand when I say that I am not ready at this time to share this with everybody. I put a lot of research and development into it. I have quite a few product ideas or inventions that would sell and be big hits with hunters, but lack of free time and ESPECIALLY cash to get these products to the public, halt the process. I contacted Primos a year ago, and he only responds to written letters, and then if I show Primos, or someone else with the resources to get this marketed, what keeps them from ripping me off, and running with it on their own?

HCH,
No problem good luck to you.

If I get time I will be able to rig something up to make the hen
do what I want. It does not look very hard.

If I get time I will be able to rig something up to make the hen
do what I want. It does not look very hard.

That is why I never think about trying to sell ideas. Most times people will just look at it and say I can make that for less money. I know I do.

HCH I hope your ideas make you rich:way:

I would think that most hunters could easily see a blind setup near the dekes, and put 2 & 2 together????
Yeah you are right but keep in mind there are a ton of morons out there turkey hunting is a dangerous sport to begin with. I personally think what you did is cool and looks great but I wouldnt sit behind it no way no how and not everybody uses a blind I don't unless I am with my kid and don't even like to then so becareful it looks real as could be

Unless you spend the money and get a patent, proto's, etc. You'll never get anything for your ideas. Good Luck though it looks good.

Yes on the last two posts. Thanks guys. Cooter, some hunters(most from what I see) are too lazy to make their own stuff & just want to buy something that they can buy, and require no effort on their own. Well, maybe not too lazy, just by the time they do the 9-5 grind, pick up the kids at daycare, go home, change poopie diapers, have their wife rag on them for leaving the toilet seat up...well, they just want the easy way out. Look at the Glenns deer handle. A stick with a rope tied to it, and thousands of guys pull out their wallet for it. I bought and returned the Avian Lifeline 360. It is the best, non electrical turkey 360 setup on the market. Bass Pro had 2 left when I bought mine. $25, & No where near as good as mine, as far as simplicity, concealment, and ease of use.

Last edited:
Yeah I see it Don. Guys want to take stuff out of the box and go hunting.

I'm with you I would love to dream up ideas for hunting products. But I don't think it would pay the bills.

If I did come up with something great I don't know who I would want to sell it to. Most of the big names have everything made over seas where they are gonna cheapen up your product just to line their pockets.

I'm going to be a hypocrite here......you spend months developing what you think is the best it could possibly be just to have it hit the market and days later guys on the Internet are posting their mods they did to it.

I believe everything can be improved but that would be hard to take, or even worse you could come up with something like the squealing hen and be ridiculed.

Not trying to talk you out of it just giving my point of view. Uncle Will doesn't need my help nor would I give it to him.

Top Bottom