Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mathews Z7 Extreme for Sale

SQUID

Tonight broke the straw!!!! Pulled out the old DXT and shot a 2" 30 yard group, so the new one is offically for sale.
RH Mathews Z7 Extreme 65lbs 29.5" draw length SRP $899
SDP7 Spot Hogg sights .019 SRP $209
Whisker Biscuit Sure Shot Pro rest SRP $89
Avion Archey Stabilizer SRP $89
Mathews Focus Grip SRP $119 ??
Wrist Slig SRP$19
G5 Peep

This package is in new condition, I have shot less then 100 arrows through the bow. Will to sell for $1100. If your interested send me a PM. I don't really want to ship the bow, however if someone wants to pick up the shipping cost I can make the arrangements.

Last edited:
NO!!!! Both were purchased at fin and feather in IC. Great experience with the DXT perfect setup, friendly service (I told everyone I knew to give them a shot). The Z7 Extreme purchase was a nightmare!!!! 2 trips to IC and I'm still not happy.

I hear you I have bought all my bows there (except the one I just ordered) and dont want to bash the place but its not the same place. I am setting up my own bows from now on. If I were you I would have it looked at by another pro shop before you get rid of it. I have a feeling its not the bow or you it is the tune of the bow. Whisker Biscuits are about the easiest rest to tune. If you think you could do it yourself I would do a search on paper tuning a bow and go from there. Its not as hard as most think.

Just my 2 cents good luck.

I've seen a few people having a tough time getting used to the grip on the new ones. Bad papertears and cork screwing. Normally this is all due to torque.

Ya I'm sure it's the tuning of the bow and I'm sure my form is less then perfect, however in my opinion having confidence in yourself and equipment is absolutely critical in shooting archery equipment consistanly. It doesn't matter if you have the latest and greatest or a 1989 Martin Lynx (Ya I've got one of those 2). My DXT is a perfect fit for me, I'm sure I could fix the tuning issues and correct my form, but that would require work. It's like trying to break in a new set of boots when you've got a nice comfortable set sitting by the back door ready to go.

tonight broke the straw!!!! Pulled out the old dxt and shot a 2" 30 yard group, so the new one is offically for sale.
Rh mathews z7 extreme 65lbs 29.5" draw length srp $899
sdp7 spot hogg sights .019 srp $209
whisker biscuit sure shot pro rest srp $89
avion archey stabilizer srp $89
mathews focus grip srp $119 ??
Wrist slig srp$19
g5 peep

this package is in new condition, i have shot less then 100 arrows through the bow. Will to sell for $1100. If your interested send me a pm. I don't really want to ship the bow, however if someone wants to pick up the shipping cost i can make the arrangements.

any interest??

You will have way better luck selling on archerytalk.com I wish I could buy it.

Not to hijack the thread, but I agree with Fin and Feather. There is one guy I let touch my bow there, I won't even let those other kids hold my bow for me. Makes it a hassle to get worked on. I know Mathews is slowly trying to get all bow techs certified at their Mathews Academy in Wisconsin, Iowa City must be last on the list:rolleyes:

"The Mathews Academy is a great idea, BUT the 1st kid that worked on my bow was talking about "just getting back from Mathews school" It's really to bad, several years ago when I bought my DXT they (FnF) had several people that did a great job setting equipment up. I've probably sent 10+ people up there to get new equipment, now not so much. I'm not sure who I will be using for a Pro Shop. Does anyone have any good experiences??? and BnB in the Quad Cities in NOT an option. As for sell my extreme, I'm still shooting it and starting to like it a little more, it will make for a really nice backup???

I bought mine from E-Z Livin in IL($100.00 cheaper than Fin). They set it up.......kinda. I dont know how you can say a bow is setup if you never shoot it through paper or do walk back tuning or something. He just put all the stufff that I wanted on it and handed it to me to shoot. I shot it a few times took it to him and said the peep is not lining up. He said oh it will after you shoot it a for awhile..... Wrong!!! the peep never moved. So I moved it myself. Then I shot it through paper and omg was it bad. I have it shooting bullet holes now and I am very happy with it.

My opinion is if they put levels or a laser on it to tune it and then dont check it by shooting through paper its not setup or in tune. Old Larry at Fin could eyeball it and have it shooting better than these guys with thier lasers and levels imo.

As far as a pro shop to go to in the area?????? John Nupp in Muscatine was setting bows up for $25 an hour is what I heard??? Id be willing to give you a hand tuning it if you want. Im no pro but I have my bow shooting with confidence and thats what you need when archery hunting.

My buddy Nick worked there as the main bow tec for years. He got a "real" job after graduating from Iowa about a year ago or a little longer. He is thinking about starting his own shop and setting up bows from the ground up.

II dont know how you can say a bow is setup if you never shoot it through paper or do walk back tuning.

:way:

Walk back and Broadhead tuning are really all I do anymore. Paper is a nice "start" but often you will have a subtle tear after your BH and fieldpoints are hitting at the same point of impact.

Nobody can "paper-tune" for you as your tension on the string, anchor, hand placement and release are all significantly different. :drink1:

John Nupp haha that would be a big no for the nupper. E-Z Livin, they been out of the question for years. I must be one real pain in the A-- to deal with!!!! ha hey jesserichard I think it might have been Nick that set my DXT up. the timing and story sound about right. If he's doing any work on the side shoot me a pm.

huntyak said:
Nobody can "paper-tune" for you as your tension on the string, anchor, hand placement and release are all significantly different. :drink1:

I agree they should have you shoot though paper not them. Most shops don't want to take the time to do this.

Top Bottom