Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

JOIN at IOWAWHITETAILSFOREVER.COM

We are as poor as church mice, but we don't have any big expenses at this point either. Everything has been volunteered and the expenses we have coming up we will cover out of pocket. We aren't here to be a dues collecting banquette holding entity with ambiguous goals whose money gets kicked up to a national group, rather we are here to serve the deer hunters of Iowa. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks for the thought though. There may be a time when we could use some funding, but the paper work to become a 501 C3 non profit is a booger and none of us is smart enough to fill it out.

The ‘Bonker

I don’t know that the two can be compared. IWF is focused on Iowa, Iowa’s hunting heritage and keeping members informed of proposed legislation that could impact deer hunting in Iowa. I am not a member of WU so I can’t speak to what they stand for or against. I do know that when asked to take a stand on issues that could impact deer hunting in Iowa they chose not to take a stand.

IWF members contribute by contacting their legislators when there are proposed rule and law changes that can affect deer hunting in Iowa. IWF will send out a Call To Action regarding the proposal to all the IWF members and it is up to the member to act as they deem appropriate on the issue.
Thanks for your interest.

IWF members contribute by contacting their legislators when there are proposed rule and law changes that can affect deer hunting in Iowa. IWF will send out a Call To Action regarding the proposal to all the IWF members and it is up to the member to act as they deem appropriate on the issue.
Thanks for your interest.

There are links on IW for your area representatives. I keep a separate list in my hotmail of all the important Iowa contacts and that way you can just attach them on emails. Making your voice heard is one of the best ways to help out. IWF just gives you a heads up on what is going on in the state. You will find it very frustrating at how little some of your reps actually know. Be professional and inform them the best you can and you will usually get a decent response. Other times you will want to pull your hair out at some of these No Talent dipshits. Every little bit helps IMO :way:

I'll pay for a couple bottles of Makers Mark for your trips to argue legislation 'Bonker. You get them AFTER you get back though.

I am sure this will fall on deaf ears but hunters should start
thinking about the upcoming legislative season and how we can
get more people involved so we have a majority fighting for us this next
legislative season.

It will be here before we all know it.

i'd like to see a concentrated organized effort to increase the teeth in Iowa's tresspassing law. Everyone I've talked to thinks it a great idea - but how do we go about getting it written up and up for a vote?

i'd like to see a concentrated organized effort to increase the teeth in Iowa's tresspassing law. Everyone I've talked to thinks it a great idea - but how do we go about getting it written up and up for a vote?

Somebody needs to get the ear of their legislator. Then they need to draft a bill that doesn't sound so stupid it has no hope of passing. If it makes sence and gets out of commity you could get it done. I suggest gathering some like minded folks, organize a brainstorming session and do a couple of drafts. Then approach a friendly legistator to try and get them to submit it.

I have never gone through the proccess myself but I figure that pretty much has to be how things come about.

Makers works for me Muddy. :D

Recently my Representative sent out an email requesting that we send him suggestions for new laws. I just sent him a note about trespassing laws. In his email he said this is the time that legislators are putting together bills and trying to get support from other legislators from both sides of the aisle.

I would suggest that everyone who gives a damn send their rep an email asking the trespass laws and punishment to be increased.

Here is a copy and paste of what I sent him:

Nate, thanks for serving and giving me this opportunity to suggest new or modifications to existing laws.

I, and many others, would like to see the fines increased for trespassing. Currently the fines or punishment do not act as much of a deterrent to trespassing. Granted it is a low impact crime, unless you are the one impacted by the crime.

Trespassing is on the rise as documented by land owners with game cameras set to take photographs of deer or other game on their properties only to get photographs of criminals trespassing on their land. Many of these trespasses result in loss of property, mainly hunting stands and the cameras themselves as well as potential poaching. While it may be difficult to prove the trespasser was the person responsible for the “disappearance” of the tree stands, cameras or poaching they were none the less trespassing and need to be held accountable and fined or punished more than they are now. There needs to be more of a deterrent to trespassing.

Laws only keep honest people honest but in this case well documented prosecution resulting in large fines, incarceration, probation or loss of other privileges may act as more of a deterrent to trespassing.

I believe this issue would be popular on both sides of the aisle. I am sure any bill introduced to strengthen the trespass laws in Iowa would have a positive reception not only from hunting organizations such as the Iowa Bowhunters Association, Iowa Whitetails Forever, TIP and Pheasants Forever but land owner groups such as the Farm Bureau.

Now is the time to contact your reps. Ask them to pre file a bill and then hammer any groups you hold membership in to support the bill.

I'll be contacting my state legislators+ just think of the talk if hundreds of us do the same + I should think we could actually get some changes made

Sent from my PHONE using IW

Top Bottom