Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rage! Moved from Classified section.

You can have the debate over here as to why you love or hate rage broadheads. I personally love them and havent lost a deer with them either. 1 deer out of the last 20 I've shot with rage havent been a pass thru and I watched her fall from the tree. A big part of it I believe is arrow selection. Do you know as a hunter you are shooting the correct spined arrow for the pounds you are pulling? That arrow is flexing in flight and you will not have the kinetic energy you need on impact with a light spined arrow pulling heavier pound bows. To each his own on broadhead selection but I wouldnt base your choice off a lost deer and bogus stories about people saying they hit the "boiler room" and didnt find it. If you hit the boiler room your deer will be dead a short distance away, plain and simple.

I don't care if you have a stone point or a 3inch cut super rage. If you hit a deer where your supposed to. They will both die in short order. Rage in the shoulder is no good. Rage anywhere behind the shoulder is very good. I've shot them. They work. I don't currently shoot them but I'm a firm believer in shot placement. Shot placement. Shot placement.

I don't care if you have a stone point or a 3inch cut super rage. If you hit a deer where your supposed to. They will both die in short order. Rage in the shoulder is no good. Rage anywhere behind the shoulder is very good. I've shot them. They work. I don't currently shoot them but I'm a firm believer in shot placement. Shot placement. Shot placement.

Well said ...

anymore broadheads are over rated and shot placement is under rated. 10 years ago this might not have been the case regarding broadhead but quality overall has improved tremendously.

I've shot alot of deer over the years with many styles of broadheads -plain and simple if you want a large blood trail go with just about any large cutting surface broadhead and hit them right. I personally prefer a 3-blade design and one that cost less then the Rages.

Agree 100%

When people claim that they can't get a passthrough with a large cut expandable its more likely due to a tuning issue. Anybody pulling 60 lbs with a draw length that's normal 27-29" should have no trouble shooting through a whitetail. Tuning is still highly important no matter what is on the end of your arrow. If I were shooting an expandable I would still make sure that my bow shot a variety of fixed blades first. If your arrow isnt flying true then you will lose a lot of penetration. I'm still a firm believer in heavy arrows and cut on contact broadheads but to each his own.
Shot placement rules in the world of bowhunting. That's the be all end all. Keep your broadheads sharp, shoot straight and Goodluck to everyone still trying to fill a tag!

Agree! But you still need to find a head that will shot strait for you everytime. You can't shoot a head that shoots strait one time and to the left the next.

Never lost a deer with them. They leave great blood and a devastating hole. I will most likely not buy anymore unless they fix the allen screw and replacement blade issue. But they definitely work for me.

Ive shot Rage 2blade since they came out watched more deer fall insite of the stand than I can remember. They work for me and Ill shoot them until they dont make them anymore! Bloodtrails are amazing if you even need one and they shoot the same as my field points so theres no need to use pratice tips or tear up my target. Dont know how people could hate them. They almost always produce a passthrough and when they dont its because I hit the oposite shoulder so... Love em could be cheaper but worth the money they know it and so do us that use them

they chop a helluva hole in em if ya get aperfect hit but they suck for shots right under yer stand fixed blade are so much better at angle shots.but ya cant shoot both at the same time!?

Interesting topic. Shot placement rules no doubt. The one thing I have not liked about the mechanical blades is this. In the past, years back, cut on contact blades would basically sting a deer. Like a bee sting. Sometimes the deer I shot, didn't even know what happened. They never exploded out of a cannon so to speak. Mechanical heads sound like 2 2X4's being slapped together. Thus, making the deer explode on impact. Hope this makes sense, I'm not an English expert. When I think back to the deer I killed back in the day, I would say that more deer fell in sight than in today's time. My 2 cents worth.

The "whack" is your broadhead hitting bone, either rib or shoulder or something. If you slide between ribs with an expandable they make no more noise than a fixed blade.

When this was in the classified section there were some guys wanting to buy Rage heads. Well after a little consideration adn some bow tuning after a purchase of a set of NAP Hell razors I have some ready to hunt 3 blade rages I am looking to unload and some 2 blade bodies that need replacement heads, as well as rage cage broahead cases adn a Rage Quiver, the new one that came out this year. If interested P.M. me and we can discuss prices and shipping.

Top Bottom