Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Small Neck Knife

Shovelbuck

Just finished this 4 inch overall neck knife with heavy duty leather sheath and strap. $70.00 shipped. I've carried a neck knife for thirty plus years and it's amazing how handy a small knife like these can be at times.

Is old barn wood an option?

Sure would be. Unfortunately, right now I'm out of small pieces of damascus to make these small knives.:( I'm trying to get some from my supplier but he doesn't have any now either. This may take some time.:eek:
If you are serious about one of these knives, please pm me and I'll get you on the list for one.:way:

Is old barn wood a good material for knife handles?

It seems to me that a hard, dense wood is preferred for a knife handle and most old barn wood is heavily weathered and about at the end of its life expectancy.

Is old barn wood a good material for knife handles?

It seems to me that a hard, dense wood is preferred for a knife handle and most old barn wood is heavily weathered and about at the end of its life expectancy.

I was thinking the beams from inside the barn. A lot of them were oak. I wouldn't want to use the siding.

I want to thank everyone that has pm'd me wanting one of these type of knives. Unfortunately, as I currently am out of the damascus used for them, I can no longer accept any more orders for them. Those of you that have pm'd me are on the list to get one as soon as I can get material.
Thanks!!!:way:

Top Bottom