Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Used Reconyx Or Cuddeback

Big difference in the two (in my opinion in terms of quality and reliability). If you are considering a Reconyx I wouldn't even waste my time with the possibility of getting a Cuddeback (not to upset any loyal Cuddeback fans).

Last edited:
Big difference in the two (in my opinion in terms of quality and reliability). If you are considering a Reconyx I would even waste my time with the possibility of getting a Cuddeback (not to upset any loyal Cuddeback fans).

Agreed, used RC models can be had relatively cheap on ebay, maybe craigslist too if you are willing to wait.

I have tried looking for the older models of reconyx with the flash and the older ones. Cuddeback I have been looking for an Attack Ir or Ambush Ir.

cuddeback's take awesome pics ,that all I gotta say. I want high quality pics with great detail and that's what I get with my cuddeback capture's! I know everyone rips on them but I love them!

cuddeback's take awesome pics ,that all I gotta say. I want high quality pics with great detail and that's what I get with my cuddeback capture's! I know everyone rips on them but I love them!

Sorry in advance as I know it's not really a debate here but :) whatever. I don't get that thought though.... If the camera is not working and malfunctioning or in the garbage- how is it taking those good quality pics? Or the 2 months it takes to get replacement if they even replace one? Ok- just having a little fun with u. But seriously- I just look at trail cam pics for inventory & I guess the night ones r not as crisp as the "light up the woods" flash cameras- I ain't selling studio photos meant for hanging on the wall. Most flash cams will take better pics- might as well stay away from CB & go with another brand if u gotta have the flash pics.

Sorry in advance as I know it's not really a debate here but :) whatever. I don't get that thought though.... If the camera is not working and malfunctioning or in the garbage- how is it taking those good quality pics? Or the 2 months it takes to get replacement if they even replace one? Ok- just having a little fun with u. But seriously- I just look at trail cam pics for inventory & I guess the night ones r not as crisp as the "light up the woods" flash cameras- I ain't selling studio photos meant for hanging on the wall. Most flash cams will take better pics- might as well stay away from CB & go with another brand if u gotta have the flash pics.
I hear ya man, pry won't buy another cb but love the ones I have. Any suggestions besides reconyx?

I sure have had really good luck with Coverts. I've ran 6 different brands now, obviously including Covert & a few other good ones and ALL have some little issues here and there (my cuddebacks I had took the cake with a 100% failure rate using 3 models and I would guess about 8 cams - one wound up in the campfire). I would say I've had the least trouble with Coverts. I do believe Covert has a flash cam as well (I don't want flash but recall seeing one) and all their cams are reasonably priced, battery life & expense blow away CB, cameras are tiny & nice, and customer service is exceptional. The absolute most opposite they could be from Cuddeback in most or all those regards from my experiences & about 20+ other guys I know.

I sure have had really good luck with Coverts. I've ran 6 different brands now, obviously including Covert & a few other good ones and ALL have some little issues here and there (my cuddebacks I had took the cake with a 100% failure rate using 3 models and I would guess about 8 cams - one wound up in the campfire). I would say I've had the least trouble with Coverts. I do believe Covert has a flash cam as well (I don't want flash but recall seeing one) and all their cams are reasonably priced, battery life & expense blow away CB, cameras are tiny & nice, and customer service is exceptional. The absolute most opposite they could be from Cuddeback in most or all those regards from my experiences & about 20+ other guys I know.
cool man, thanks for you're input!

Contrary to most I have never had a Cuddeback issue and even had 3 get flooded out this year and they are still working as we speak. I am a little disappointed in the battery life in my Ambush IR but my Attack IR lasts slit linger

Top Bottom