Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Help for dbltree...

There're are few times in my life where I am speechless but now is one of them. Paul is one of the most caring, thoughtful, unassuming person I have ever met. I'm tore up right now. My prayers to Paul, Lori and Jesse Knox.

This news sadens me greatly. I attribute all of my knowledge and success in food plotting to Paul! Several times I asked him questions and he always took the time to respond with his wealth of knowledge. It's very obvious there is much more to Paul then what you see or read about. The many people who give him praise says a lot about who he is and what he teaches. My prayers go out to you and your family!

Paul just saw the post on OO and has commented to all of you:

Thanks Matt and Outreach Outdoor family, I would rather help then accept it but this disease has humbled me and it's becoming increasingly difficult for Lori to care for me. Every muscle that we take for granted is eventually weakened and paralyzed leaving one able to move only your eye's.

This is extremely hard for my wife and son, both to physically care for me and deal with emotions of watching me slowly die. Please pray for Lori and Jesse and know that it is impossible to express our gratitude to all of you for your prayers, support and encouragement.

Thanks and God bless,

Paul a.k.a dbltree/lickcreek

Thanks everyone...as Ben mentions, don't cry for me...I'll be made perfect in Him one day soon. It's not about me...it's about Christ and I plan to honor Him until my last breath.

Love you all brothers and sisters

Heard the news a while back, so sad. They don't make them any better better than Paul. As others have said, his knowledge and more importantly his willingness to share it others is second to none! Prayers, God Bless.

Gladiator (Matt) Tried to PM you but maybe your inbox is full already. I would like to donate a shoulder mount for the fund. It would be best to have the auction soon since it's still deer season and it would be a fast way to hopefully add big chunk of money for his needs now.

Very unfortunate. I have actually known about this for a while now. I too have been dealing with an illness (Lyme disease/Babesia/Bartonella for 8+ years) and have emailed information back and forth a few times with Paul. Have never actually met him in person but just through email/messaging I can tell he is one of the more genuine and unselfish people on this planet. Always willing to help and never misses responding to a message. It's especially tough when things like this happen to some of the best people this world had to offer. Thought and prayers are with Paul Knox and family.

If anyone is having issues getting a PM to Gladiator let me know. Most members have limited PM space, I do not.

Prayers and thoughts to him and his family. I don't know him personally but through the way he presents himself in his forums; God has a special place for men like him when the time may come... Hopefully with the equipment donations will help pay for he can still enlighten us and we can still enjoy his company.

I only wish I could donate a dollar for every min I spent reading his forums...

Count me in for $100.

I credit a lot of my desire to not only own my own piece of land but also to improve it from Dbltree. Even before I bought ground, I found myself reading through the hundreds and hundreds of pages of information thinking about all the things I wanted to do. My thoughts ran wild. Now that I have ground, I still look back to reference all that material. I had the chance to meet Dbltree a few years ago at the classic. I told him that I really enjoyed his forums and hoped to someday own my own land and do all these things that he has shared with us. So Paul, thank you for everything you've done and continue to do. Your story is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us.

I feel like I've just been punched in the gut! Just can't believe it........ I've had the chance to shake Paul's hand on more than one occasion and if not for him I would have never taken the initiative to plant over 5,000 trees and shrubs on my property. Not to mention the food plots and T.S.I projects I tackled because of the confidence he instilled in me with the wealth of information he was so willing to give. Heck, even my pond was built with advise from Paul. My heart goes out to Paul, Lori and Jesse and if you need anything I'm not that far from the Birmingham area. I for sure want to be involved in helping with the archery shoot and any other events to help the cause. Prayers for strength and peace going up for you all!

Ill send in but also will give to auction a spot for 2 guys to turkey hunt on ground they will b only ones hunting (acres in hundreds) and I likely would have house to stay at. Southern Iowa. Thanks guys. Paul has also saved & helped me where if u really put monetary value on it would be in many thousands. If any one needs a nudge of encouragement financially speaking- please do consider how selflessly he's given ridiculous amounts of professional help, advice, time, energy, etc that have impacted many- never asking for anything in return. Thx all.

Thanks for organizing this Matt. Amazing to see all of the lives Paul has touched. And thank you Paul for your living testimony on how to follow Christ to the fullest.

One of the greatest men I have had a chance to know. Paul has spent countless hours mentoring me on habitat and for that I cant thank him enough. He is one of a kind and I encourage everyone to donate something. He has asked for nothing for his wealth of knowledge and it is time we can repay the favor.

Top Bottom