Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Farm Pond Access for a NR?

AZHunter

Iowa Boy At Heart
On 9 July, we will be flying back to Iowa with my mom to get her settled into her life up there after her 8-month long battle with lung cancer. While that will remain our top priority while we're there through 15 July, I'd like to take my kids out to do some farm pond fishing a couple of times so they can see what my life was like growing up there. After being gone for over 15 years, I don't know that I have access to the ponds I used to fish and I don't have a boat to take them down below Red Rock like my dad and I did pretty much every weekend in the summer.

I figured it can't hurt to ask if there is anyone willing to let me take my wife and kids to a farm pond for some bass/bluegill/catfish fishing within 20-30 minutes of Newton? I'd love to have them catch a mess of 'gills to fry up one night and maybe a catfish or two, but I'm good with leaving any bass, unless they are stunted and you want them culled (any big bass will be left for sure). We'll be in town from 9-15 July. Feel free to PM me so you don't have to give away your sweet spots. Thanks in advance for even considering the idea!

knock on some doors. i'm sure you will gain access

My biggest problem is that I don't know which doors to knock on anymore and who has ponds anymore. I used to gain all kinds of hunting and fishing access that way growing up and I'm still not opposed to door knocking at all. I just wanted to expedite the limited time I have back there.

Guessing that would be about how far I am.

Plus, with any luck, I'll have the pond fished out by then. ;)

Ya, word on the street is JNRBRONC is big into Dynamite fishing, no wonder he could have it fished out over a weekend. I personally think it's cheating but he can have enough fish to feed the family for weeks in about 5 minutes.

Ya, word on the street is JNRBRONC is big into Dynamite fishing, no wonder he could have it fished out over a weekend. I personally think it's cheating but he can have enough fish to feed the family for weeks in about 5 minutes.

Get with the times, Skip. They call it "tannerite" now. ;):D

AZ---Be happy to help, but my pond is small and not sure how the population is. I'd PM Skip

Get with the times, Skip. They call it "tannerite" now. ;):D

You two boneheads crack me up! I have a great uncle who used to "fish" with an old antique phone crank (I'm told from a reliable source).

If you make it to NE ia ill hook you up!

Thanks, Gundog! Making to NE Iowa with my wife and kids on high on my list of things to do one day while we're back, but this trip is more about getting my mom squared away and sneaking out close to home when we can.

AZ---Be happy to help, but my pond is small and not sure how the population is. I'd PM Skip

If your pond is near Newton, lets talk! Thanks! I was able to get ahold of another cousin and he thinks he can hook me up, too!

You are all (even Randy and Skip) why I come to IW every single day!

Top Bottom