Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tag your bucks!

Anyone that thinks a big buck kill is not going to get scrutinized in every way is living in denial. If the public know about it.

Weird how everyone preaches about the laws, then a law this lame and simple is not followed...people get in trouble and now its unbelievable that they could take a deer and weapon.

Law is a Law...a wildlife violation was committed right? Should we not pay for our mistakes now...Jesus

DNR are worthless, but ya better play by the rules or they will get in your business.

Weird how everyone preaches about the laws, then a law this lame and simple is not followed...people get in trouble and now its unbelievable that they could take a deer and weapon.

Law is a Law...a wildlife violation was committed right? Should we not pay for our mistakes now...Jesus

DNR are worthless, but ya better play by the rules or they will get in your business.

There is a little thing called discretion, and CO are allowed by law to use it. Again I would be hard pressed to believe a CO confiscated someones personal property based off pictures on Facebook alone. I do not doubt the posters story , but I also believe there is probably more to the story.

Look at all the buck pics from the Lakoskys, the Drurys, the Kiskys, etc, etc. Don't ever see a tag wrapped around those antlers and a lot of them are taken the next morning when they have better light.

It's way easier for the DNR to find the guys trying to do it right and ticket them for violations than the ones who try to do it wrong on purpose.

Those poachers who don't buy tags/licenses and shoot whatever they want whenever they want, rarely get found.

It's the same with my fishing tournaments. Come to weigh in and there's a DNR guy checking for licenses and short fish. Meanwhile there is a guy on the bank filling a bucket with every fish he catches and is gone before the DNR get there.

The tv show clowns have also already transported them home...once your deer is on your property the tag can come off..its for transport. If you process your own stuff no need to have the tag on after you get it home...

There could be more to the story but after some big name people got in trouble for moving deer not tagged, things are being looked at more closely....law is a law...violation is a violation...and the discretion thing is complete BS, that's the gray area where they can just stick it to ya...again they are worthless

Look at all the buck pics from the Lakoskys, the Drurys, the Kiskys, etc, etc. Don't ever see a tag wrapped around those antlers and a lot of them are taken the next morning when they have better light.

That, & a goodly number of their out of state celeb "guests" seem to think that their fancy new camo orange is good enough, in spite of the DNRs statement to the contrary. Wonder if any of them even got warned, let alone ticketed? I agree that there may well be more to this story (at least I hope so).

It could be a case of the DNR sending a message to some "questionable" hunters. Maybe they can't get them for the real violations, but this was the only option sort of deal. I'd be hard pressed to believe the dnr would take a bow and animal without more of a backstory.

Ha, the DNR came to my house........ Well I guess it was 8 DNR officers came to my house with a search warrant over a picture of a turkey! They took several thousand dollars worth of my stuff (most of it wasn't even turkey hunting stuff) and acted like I was a drug lord! Treated my family like crap ( I wasn't home at the time ) and would not even tell any of us what they were lookin for. Well long story short they found nothing because there was nothing to find. That's when they started playing nice and asking questions. By that time i was so ticked off I told them write me my tickets and get out of my house. So they wrote me a few bull crap tickets to justify the search warrant took a bunch of my stuff and left. Then when it was time to go to court none of the officers showed up so the judge postponed the hearing for the following week. Well the next week came and still no officers so the judge postponed it again. Third times a charm right? Nope following week still no officers. Prosecution looked at the case and looked me right in the eye and said there's a reason their not showing up but it's my job to ask for postponement. Judge dismissed the case and ordered all my stuff to be returned back to me within 7 days! How much time and resources do you think those knotheads wasted? My whole town still gets a kick out of that story so I guess it wasn't a total waste!! :)

It pays to be friends with The 'Stache. ;)

Ha, the DNR came to my house........ Well I guess it was 8 DNR officers came to my house with a search warrant over a picture of a turkey! They took several thousand dollars worth of my stuff (most of it wasn't even turkey hunting stuff) and acted like I was a drug lord! Treated my family like crap ( I wasn't home at the time ) and would not even tell any of us what they were lookin for. Well long story short they found nothing because there was nothing to find. That's when they started playing nice and asking questions. By that time i was so ticked off I told them write me my tickets and get out of my house. So they wrote me a few bull crap tickets to justify the search warrant took a bunch of my stuff and left. Then when it was time to go to court none of the officers showed up so the judge postponed the hearing for the following week. Well the next week came and still no officers so the judge postponed it again. Third times a charm right? Nope following week still no officers. Prosecution looked at the case and looked me right in the eye and said there's a reason their not showing up but it's my job to ask for postponement. Judge dismissed the case and ordered all my stuff to be returned back to me within 7 days! How much time and resources do you think those knotheads wasted? My whole town still gets a kick out of that story so I guess it wasn't a total waste!! :)

What were the tickets? What triggered it all?

I don't believe it a bit! There is more to these situations that I am sure we don't know about yes the deer must be tagged in so many minutes or before it is moved but that's not the sole reason they got in trouble

I personally think it's ridiculous and here's my strong reasoning why....
DNR has limited time with one CO per 2 counties. They have no where near the time to dedicate the egregious poachers. Guys tagging bucks, "not quite how they should" is a minor, non-egregious violation, in my strong opinion. We can't seem to nail the guys who factually run wild across the state in most every neighborhood I can think of in any county... shooting bucks out truck windows, shooting 5, 10, 20 bucks (yes, I've seen this MANY times & reported cases). We can't take time for Robo-Bucks, guys shooting 5, 10 bucks and guys selling the racks they blast every year.... We don't have time & resources for that but we have the time & resources for stuff like this?
Same dang thing as the cop who sits ticketing people going 10 over the speed-limit in a Meth infested neighborhood. GO AFTER THE EGREGIOUS AND WORSE OFFENDERS IF TIME & RESOURCES ARE LIMITED.... AND NEWS FLASH - THEY ARE! Once we can pinch the guys making 5, 10, 50 violations of some type every year, then let's get these tagless photo guys who made a "dumb choice" that likely every single one of us may have slipped up on in the past.
*This is coming from a guy with a lot of respect for DNR and I also feel bad for the burden that's been placed on them for workload & budget cuts. This essentially is a position that would help them in the long run - FOCUS.

I know of a 17 yr old kid that shot a deer while on stand during a deer drive shot a doe out infront of him, perfectly safe an ethical shot. She happen to run about 80 yards and fall smack dab in the middle of a 2 lane highway. The kid saw this happen, set his gun down, ran as fast as his young out of shape legs could carry him to the fence, crossed it and drug his deer to the ditch and returned to his post position.
When the drive was over the fella walked over and tagged his deer and began gutting it as the officer pulled up and got out and wrote him a ticket for moving it before tagging it! The officer had sat back and watched the drive and thought it was worthy of a game violation.
I believe it was dismissed in court but good grief, thats pushing the envelope pretty hard!

A buddy got a ticket last year for processing the deer int he field prior to calling it it. Deer was tagged, just not called in and reported. He got a ticket for that as well as he should have. The Polk county DNR told him that once you call it in and get the number, you can do whatever you want with the tag and deer.

Maybe the thing to do is to kill the deer, then sprint to it with tag in hand already notched with month and date, tag it. Then hit your speed dial on the phone and get it called in.

A buddy got a ticket last year for processing the deer int he field prior to calling it it. Deer was tagged, just not called in and reported. He got a ticket for that as well as he should have. The Polk county DNR told him that once you call it in and get the number, you can do whatever you want with the tag and deer.

Maybe the thing to do is to kill the deer, then sprint to it with tag in hand already notched with month and date, tag it. Then hit your speed dial on the phone and get it called in.

It could be an Olympic event? Deer tagging. How quick can you shoot a deer...find it and tag it!

Back in the day in Missouri we had to take every deer harvested to check points. That was always a great time.

My very first deer I shot only entailed about 30mins of "interrogation" to ensure that I shot it and not my dad. Fun times indeed.

So, you would no longer need a tag from the field to the freezer? I guess I would be curious as to what is defined by the DNR as "processed" and how you could transport a deer without a tag even if you called it in earlier. I've always questioned if you shot a deer way deep in public land, why could you not quarter the deer and haul it out in pieces? Seems to me that to transport the deer correctly, you would still need the tag and whole carcass.

Top Bottom