Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

From the stand

Yeah, Didn't get into stand because they were forecasting snow. so I thought travel would be to bad off to risk it. That was a mistake as snow did come, but not when they were originally calling for it. This is the kind of weather where you know something is going to make it's way past your stand.

BDAHMS, Your Dad resembles you a lot in that picture of him smiling. You can definitely notice you guys are related when you compare images of each of you side by side.

Yeah, Didn't get into stand because they were forecasting snow. so I thought travel would be to bad off to risk it. That was a mistake as snow did come, but not when they were originally calling for it. This is the kind of weather where you know something is going to make it's way past your stand.

BDAHMS, Your Dad resembles you a lot in that picture of him smiling. You can definitely notice you guys are related when you compare images of each of you side by side.

Today does seem like the perfect day- and im stuck in the office:mad:

and yes- I get that a lot- looks and mannerisms- hopefully my hair lasts a bit longer than his has!

Tonight wasn't very productive with the wind for me tonight if that makes you feel better.

That's no good for you- was hoping I would see some good reports. Was it snowing around you or just windy?? - I'm Hoping black Friday is worth going out. Stand time is better than shopping line time

Last edited:
Down over one of my food plots- had a basket come in before sunrise. At 7:20 or so had a real nice 8 come in and as I was second guessing myself on letting him walk I look left and have a 4.5+ year old 10 looking right at me at 15 yards. He walked off eventually and had I been paying attention an arrow would have flown. No doe- 3 bucks so far

Sounds productive, I sat yesterday morning with another slow sit saw 5 deer total with only two small bucks in actual range. Was cool luckily my IWOM made the sit pleasant. This morning I let the wife go shop will be out this morning.

11-28-14

2:00.....Busted 2 doe who were bedded 20' from my stand on the way in. But with the wind and soft blanket of snow I got to within 15yds of them b4 they bolted.

2:40.....doe at 10 yds milling around
2:50.....doe racing across the pond like she was being chased.
2:55.....doe that was milling has now bedded at 15yds.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Had zero action on the food plot tonight- two
Big coyotes but no shot on them- will certainly be coyote hunting this winter- they are EVERYWHERE

Had my best sit of the year tonight...who woulda thunk it right on the middle of rifle season in WI. Saw 15 deer, 6 bucks. Passed 2 that were 140" and then had a mid 150s at 10 yards toward end of shooting light. Couldn't get a shot off but man did he have me shaking. Darn! Hopefully he goes by dad tomorrow and not the neighbors!

Nice- that sounds like a great sit! It got pretty warm today and I'm wondering if that had something to do with it. Going to change it up tomorrow and go hunt the apple orchard where i have all the good pics. Wasn't planning on it but those pics just keep getting better and better there.

Nice- that sounds like a great sit! It got pretty warm today and I'm wondering if that had something to do with it. Going to change it up tomorrow and go hunt the apple orchard where i have all the good pics. Wasn't planning on it but those pics just keep getting better and better there.

Funny you say that because I was hunting an apple orchard just off the field edge and timber and there was a lot of traffic in there...easy to see in the snow.

I've been waiting for you to jump there. I would think there are plenty of does in there and the bucks will be scent checking

I've been waiting for you to jump there. I would think there are plenty of does in there and the bucks will be scent checking

I called the landowner yesterday to wish him happy thanksgiving and he said he has 3 big bucks hanging together in between his orchards daily. So he talked me into it:).

Sat on food plot tonight. Had 11 does and one shooter 10. He was fallowing one of the does pretty hard and of course she happened to be the one that didn't like my doe decoy

Phone died last night but this was also my best sit....saw 6 bucks, 3 doe, and a button all within 40yds. Had one shooter 8 that came through following a doe. She drug him all around me at 40 but eventually took him to the field with her. All other bucks decided this area was a good nap spot before heading to the field as they all bedded for an hour or so before hitting the field. Made for an interesting sit but it was a bit nerve racking too. The other 5 bucks were anything from forkys to 120" 10pter so I just sat back and watched. Sent from my iPhone using IW

Last edited:
So far 7 does and 6 bucks- 3 shooters - 2 decent good potential and 1 spike. All taking a different path than I sat near (why wouldn't they). But this place def has a good population. So far so good!

Top Bottom