Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

WTB German Pup

Caveat emptor! Without a doubt, the purchase price is the cheapest part of owning a dog, especially a hunting dog!
Agreed - consider how much you spend on a dog annually - vet, food etc... And the original purchase price pales in comparison to the total cost of upkeep and care over the life of the family pet.

Ya I understand that we (wife) has two ankle biters a 6lb Maltese and 10lb teddy bear. Time for me to get a decent dog!

If you aren't looking to spend much, look for some "mutts" from a couple different hunting breeds. I have a GSP and Brittany mix. He's my first bird dog, and I couldn't be more pleased. Looks pretty much like a GSP, but is a little shorter, and his face is shaped more like a Brittany. Was pretty easy to train when I was able to spend an hour or two with him each day. I'd recommend this mix if you can find them. I'd guess that you could pick one up fairly cheap.

X3 Chris at 6R upland kennels in Grinnell. He's an awesome guy and his dogs are dang good. My cousin has 3 from him, and they are all really good hunters. My shorthair isn't from Chris, but I sent him out there this past fall to get trained, worth every penny

Top Bottom