Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

From the stand

Made it to my box blind about 20 minutes ago. Getting ready to check trail cameras. The cut bean field is TORE UP- I think most of it is turkeys- but there were plenty of deer tracks mixed in as well. This walk in definitely made me realize how nice it is to spend the money and get the right clothes for this time of the year. I bought a balaclava that has pouches inside around base of neck and temple area that holds hand warmers- my under armor layers top and bottom- I was extremely comfortable even with the howling wind and blowing snow on my walk in. Not to mention my Danner boots and now in my heater body Suit. Get the right stuff people- worth it!!

Had 260+ pictures on the 2 cameras- majority of the deer. 3 shed bucks and the rest does- all day time pictures - both AM and PM. Most around 4:45 PM. Not a single set of antlers on camera- I'm sure they are around- just apparently camera shy. Also a lot of Coyotes which I will be happy to shoot if one should walk by

Is the snow pretty deep down in there? You're gonna have a fun time getting something out! ;) Good luck! Bummer about the one you dropped.

Actually there is only about 2" of snow on the ground - so the 4 wheeler should do ok. Better than taking it under water there:). The standing beans that were flooded are about 50% gone. Getting hit hard. Should be in for a good sit! You making it back out this week Bill?

I have 2 groups of turkeys- one on the east side and one on the west end of the beans- each group is 30+ turkeys. I have never seen this many turkeys in one field before.

Well had to abort original plan as gale force winds arrived! Ground blind didn't fair so well, had to go to option b. Hope it was a sign!

Actually there is only about 2" of snow on the ground - so the 4 wheeler should do ok. Better than taking it under water there:). The standing beans that were flooded are about 50% gone. Getting hit hard. Should be in for a good sit! You making it back out this week Bill?

How close you hunting to Clanton Creek? This sounds like familiar territory.

The boys and I saw many deer tonight, but no bucks of any size. Looking at one more sit before the season closes.

I was wondering about the beans because ive heard other people with flooded out beans say the deer werent touching them. We got about 8 inches of snow here. Ill make it out Saturday evening. Glassed a few different groups if deer yesterday evening and they all looked like does. Not sure where ill sit Saturday.

I was wondering about the beans because ive heard other people with flooded out beans say the deer werent touching them. We got about 8 inches of snow here. Ill make it out Saturday evening. Glassed a few different groups if deer yesterday evening and they all looked like does. Not sure where ill sit Saturday.

Turkeys sure loved the flooded beans. None of the does tonight hit them

That's odd, 1 of my spots has some beans that were too muddy to combine. Deer have been pounding them every sit. That's where I am tonight, pieced blind back together. Now just hope it stays here

Nice! I had Crossfit testing tonight so no hunt for me- sitting AM with my brother since he is in town - then going down and walking all but 2 of the properties I hunt. Goal is a giant or bust- and my limit in pheasant and quail:) any shooters step out for you guys tonight over beans?

15 does and young buck, 2 young 8s coming across field @ 530. I still think the moon is the problem for the big boys.

Our bean plots are getting pounded with this recent cold snap. Sat one a couple of nights ago and it had at least 30 deer in it by 5:15. I've been letting a mid 140ish 10 walk and thought maybe if he showed up that night I'd take him, as it's the best I've seen lately. Wouldn't you know it, he came out within chip shot range…..and had shed his right side :D Oh well, fun anyway. One more sit and then the looong wait for next year begins.

NWBuck

Well get those sheds in a few weeks and hopefully he blows up next year. I put my brother in my box blind which is where he is at now. I am just sitting up top overlooking another pic beanfield there already deer in it but it's too dark to tell what they are. I wonder if the glow of my phone is even noticed? There will be very few updates as it is cold as hell to take the hands out of the glove to update.

You are a stud if you are out in it this morning... I am sitting here drinking coffee :) I have enjoyed the updates, good luck today!

Top Bottom