Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

TeenageHunters 2014-2015 Journal

82" of bone! Found it hanging on a tree here in Nebraska looking for places to shed hunt. Caught up with the landowner and he let me keep it because it was technically in the ditch. He wouldn't let us shed hunt though, we asked 18 people and only 1 person said Yes. One guy went as far as lying to us about not even owning land when he really did. Didn't know Nebraska was that bad with trespassing! You guys think you've got it bad seems like nobody around here trusts anyone on their land. Bummer I'll never have a shot to find the other side, or have a chance to see him/shoot him. Every landowner within a mile of that place told us NO.

View attachment 2879

Was the shed a hanger? Or was it placed in the tree? It would be hard to believe some other guy found it and placed it there, being a 82 inch fresh bone!

Was the shed a hanger? Or was it placed in the tree? It would be hard to believe some other guy found it and placed it there, being a 82 inch fresh bone!

It was a hanger, I didn't get an ATL because my phone was dead. But my buddy and the landowner could tell you 100% that is was hanging in the tree. It looked like he was walking through the trail and bumped his antler on it and it got caught on the tree. With the people we met around there I doubt someone put it there! Everyone was a hardcore hunter, but none of them shoot big deer and complained a lot about the poaching. Showed it to another landowner last night and said he had never seen an antler around here that big. The kid I went with who is from Syracuse, Nebraska said it was the biggest shed he had ever seen in Nebraska (besides the ones at the classic) I'm going to bring it to the Nebraska Big Buck Classic and have it officially scored with a few of my other sheds since I couldn't make it to our own Classic.

Doesn't look like I'll be headed back to Colorado, everybody seems to be busy this month. If anyone is going out west shed hunting tell me when, I'd want to tag along if I could.

Transplanted some red cedars, cleaned up some of the timber from downed trees, and I'm working on expanding my foodplots. Accidentally burned about 4 acres of brome/weeds by driving through it with the Jeep (oops), going till it up, spray it and add about 5 different types of natives to it and possibly add some 4' red cedars to the north side of it to improve the area a little bit.

Finished the year with 68 sheds total! Wish I would have been able to find 32 more than that, but I can't complain.

View attachment 2920 I could about go for that 18 year old youth tag right around now ;) Going to the Doctor tomorrow, I was injured in the long jump last night and messed up my shoulder pretty good. Of course it had to be my right one! Anyway, I might be going to Kansas to go after some long beards if I fill my tag this next weekend (hopefully no surgery needed) I'm in a heck of a lot of pain.

Last edited:
I could about go for that 18 year old youth tag right around now ;) Going to the Doctor tomorrow, I was injured in the long jump last night and messed up my shoulder pretty good. Of course it had to be my right one! Anyway, I might be going to Kansas to go after some longboards if I fill my tag this weekend (hopefully no surgery needed) I'm in a heck of a lot of pain.
I didn't know you were the longboard skater type

Top Bottom