Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NewBaby

Ishi

PMA Member
New baby deer. I hope you didn't think I had..... na I'm in the grandparent stage of life :) My son texted me Saturday morning and said he had a fawn in his little brush pile. We were going to Des Moines that afternoon anyway so we stopped by and took a few pics. This pic shows the small brush pile
IMG_0170.JPG
The fawn was in there other lot lined with shrubs
IMG_0169.JPG
They have lived there since November and they see lots of deer there they live in West Des Moines. Hope you enjoyed the pics
IMG_0171.JPG

Last edited:
I suppose the the deer are now evolving to take refuge in bushes and eat from vegetable gardens. Much like the rabbits have done. Let's hope they don't like tomatoes or hot peppers. Pretty neat pics! I've only happened up on a fawn once. Cute little buggers.

I suppose the the deer are now evolving to take refuge in bushes and eat from vegetable gardens. Much like the rabbits have done. Let's hope they don't like tomatoes or hot peppers. Pretty neat pics! I've only happened up on a fawn once. Cute little buggers.

I agree that they are cute and amazing animals. This is the only one I really have seen up close and in person. I wish I had more time I would have stayed there the rest of the day. They have more deer and rabbits by them in WDM then I have and I live in the country.

I suppose the the deer are now evolving to take refuge in bushes and eat from vegetable gardens. Much like the rabbits have done. Let's hope they don't like tomatoes or hot peppers.

The deer love to eat the leaves off my hot pepper plants.:mad: I planted some Carolina Reapers this spring, I hope they get a bite of one of those. :D At least they leave the tomatoes alone.

Awesome pictures, I have a co-worker that grows reapers, ghosts, and scorpions. He lives a block off of the river in a small town in SW Iowa but had never mentioned having deer eat his plants but talks about rabbits alot I wonder if he isn't blaming the wrong culprit

death from above

Awesome pictures, I have a co-worker that grows reapers, ghosts, and scorpions. He lives a block off of the river in a small town in SW Iowa but had never mentioned having deer eat his plants but talks about rabbits alot I wonder if he isn't blaming the wrong culprit

death from above

Just put a trail camera in my garden to figure out what vegetable bandit is wreaking havoc on my crop. I went out the other morning and half my plants were gone.....PISSED. Spent a ton of time this spring making a terrace, installing 6' fence, underground irrigation, planting....etc... No sign of deer jumping fence, no sign of anything digging under fence....can only guess something small went thru 2"x4" openings in fence (guessing baby bunny?). I will be installing chicken wire around the bottom 2' this weekend and replanting....BUMMER!

picture.php

Top Bottom