Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

draw results

I am talking archery only. I know two years ago of someone with 1/point drawing an archery tag, and another with 3 not drawing. Both archery in the same zone.

I am talking archery only. I know two years ago of someone with 1/point drawing an archery tag, and another with 3 not drawing. Both archery in the same zone.

Two possibilities: Glitch in the system or someone didn't have the number of points they said they did.

Two possibilities: Glitch in the system or someone didn't have the number of points they said they did.

The other possibility is he applied with a group and someone in the group had fewer points. A person who has 3 points and applies with someone who has no points goes into the draw with no points. Quotes from the regs:

GROUP APPLICATIONS
Hunters may apply for General deer/Antlerless-only combination licenses as individuals or groups of up to 15, with one member identified as the group leader. The group leader must apply first and state he/she is the group leader. Members of a group must call to apply separately, but each member must submit the group leader’s DNR customer identification number when applying. If there is a drawing, all members of a group will be assigned the preference point(s) of the member with the fewest points. All members of a group will be accepted or rejected together in the drawing. Group members that are rejected may purchase excess General deer/Antlerless-only combination or optional Antlerless-only licenses individually if quotas are not filled.

Also from the regs:

The license drawing for General deer/Antlerless-only combination licenses will be made from the pool of applicants with the most preference points and continue to pools with successively fewer preference points until quotas are filled or all applicants have received licenses.

Drum roll... I got em!!!! Multiple buck tags even!!!! Whoa. Crazier yet- I didn't even apply!!!
Hope u guys got lucky on the draw. Good luck!

Impossible: unless someone messed up their application, which can't be done with the online application process or like someone else said the person with 3 points applied in a party with people with one or zero points.

The price of the tAg is somewhat irrelevant. My friend is subject to a gain this year from profits from the sale of a farm. If he buys the tag for 10,000 he takes the cost of the Nr tag about 600.00 from the 10,000 which leaves him with a charitable donation of 9400,00 or there abouts. Have another fellow I know bought AZ governor elk tag open for 1 year state wide in all areas open to hunting. 190,000

Fund raiser for what? The DNR the IBA? The entire NR tag process at $600 plus for a tag is a friggin fundraiser. What it comes down to is there is always a deep pocketed NR who will pay for the tag regardless of where the money goes. Capitalism at its best by the tag seller in an environment created here that NR money is ruining the sport in Iowa. I'm sorry it s a fundraiser.

Last edited:
While I can't speak for what the other groups do with the money raised by the sale of these tags I can vouch for what the IBA does with theirs as I sit on the board. Funds raised are used for things such as funding NASP Archery in the schools, youth scholarships, Kids camps, and things such as that. All dollars are put to VERY good use in promoting archery in Iowa and mostly used for kids.

Fund raiser for what? The DNR the IBA? The entire NR tag process at $600 plus for a tag is a friggin fundraiser. What it comes down to is there is always a deep pocketed NR who will pay for the tag regardless of where the money goes. Capitalism at its best by the tag seller in an environment created here that NR money is ruining the sport in Iowa. I'm sorry it s a fundraiser.

Then NR's should contribute to fundraiser's in other states. That's what's great about capitalism. No one is forced to participate!

Not at all . The sell of a NR tag for thousands by the very group who oppose NR tags, NRLO's etc. is hypocritical. I support any funds raised for youth hunting, equipment, etc. but the source must also be considered. Based on the position taken by most here regarding NRLO's it's hard to support that tag price.

Not at all . The sell of a NR tag for thousands by the very group who oppose NR tags, NRLO's etc. is hypocritical. I support any funds raised for youth hunting, equipment, etc. but the source must also be considered. Based on the position taken by most here regarding NRLO's it's hard to support that tag price.

My comment is in regards to someone who says $600 is too much, yet applies themselves. In regards to the IBA being against NR hunters? Far from it.

Top Bottom