Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

November movement

Wish the wind would make its mind up. NE N SW S......

Saw the same thing for this afternoon in my area. Was going to go sit the plots ahead of rifle season in WI tomorrow but with the light and potentially variable winds, would hate to bump deer off the property ahead of rifle season tomorrow. Probably going to let it sit. Plots should be getting hammered right now.

Last night saw one lone shooter cruising at 3:30. He responded to grunt but could hardly hear it.
Yesterday and today been seeing lone fawns and fawns with doe. Up to 13 so far today. 1st decent buck about 20 minutes ago. Not a shooter on this farm. Only looked at grunt but came right away to snort wheeze.

Absolutely nothing this morning. Slowest day of the year. Thought there would be great movement ahead of this storm. Hopefully something happens soon.

Absolutely nothing this morning. Slowest day of the year. Thought there would be great movement ahead of this storm. Hopefully something happens soon.

You may just have to sit through the front coming. There has got to a magic time coming today. Hang in there! Wish I was out.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Im going to be trying a different public spot this weekend. I think the spot I have been concentrating on is just getting too much pressure and all the deer are staying in the refuge. The new spot has a small turnip plot so I figure they should be hitting it hard after this storm comes through, hopefully there is a shooter in the area

4.5 years or older for me.

Was going to say the same, but I let what I thought to be a 4.5 yr old walk by last year without picking up my bow. Thought he had too much potential. Haven't got pics of him this year, so guessing he changed his patterns or didn't make it to this year. Bad thing is you don't know for sure until they're dead.

CJ (Curly Jr.) Is one that I kinda hope doesn't even walk past me with the remaining season. He's only 3.5 as well and I don't even want to be tempted.

If he is 3.5, I'd say he's got a lot of potential!

Hoping this isn't the first year i haven't managed to get a buck but looking more and more like it.

It will be ok. I promise. :D I haven't got a buck, or deer for that matter, since 2012. But I got more than my share for a couple years prior to that.

Saw several does/fawns out last night along the roads. No bucks. Deer in cut corn again this morning.

Pretty soon I'm gunna just thwack a doe that walks by. Had my mind set on a mature buck. But with the weather turning sour and my work picking up. Dunno if I'll have the time.

Had a good morning today. Not a ton of chasing but 6 or 7 bucks in their feet. Called in a shooter from about 300 yards. Got him to 70 and he did what bucks do best and went downwind. I've had multiple other deer downwind of me today with no care, but he sure didn't want anything to do with it.

So jealous of those who can hunt today/tomorrow. This white would be extremely deadly in a timber sit. You could see double-triple your normal distance to see movement.

So jealous of those who can hunt today/tomorrow. This white would be extremely deadly in a timber sit. You could see double-triple your normal distance to see movement.

Hunting is about the only reason I like snow! Would quiet the leaves too.

Short hunt this AM. Second morning in a row with a mature buck encounter. Day 2 went better than Day 1:D. Both bucks were back to cruising for does and both encounters were in doe bedding timbers between 8-9 am. I think the next week is going to be some good hunting.

Last hour was great as far as seeing deer. Bad as far as shooting. Doe brought nice 10 to 30 yards. Think I missed low through brisket. Will be taking a walk in the am. This sucks.
All deer were feeding including bucks. They would stop and check out the does but as soon as the doe ram they went right back to feeding.

Sat pretty much all day with exception of 11-1. Morning was ok.....five does and one little buck chasing hard. Afternoon sit was better. When the snow started the deer were one their feet. Ended up seeing 4 more does, the same small buck and a 2.5 10 following a big doe. Grunted and bleated at him...no interest in me what so ever. I'm still seeing doe families together.

Last hour was great as far as seeing deer. Bad as far as shooting. Doe brought nice 10 to 30 yards. Think I missed low through brisket. Will be taking a walk in the am. This sucks.
All deer were feeding including bucks. They would stop and check out the does but as soon as the doe ram they went right back to feeding.

Top Bottom