Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

kayaks

kelcher

Who is using a kayak for fishing? What kayak do you use and what has your experience been? Any to absolutely avoid?

I use kayaks to hunt waterfowl and fish.. using the sun dolphin fishing kayak. And haven't had any problems. Didn't have to money to buy one of those bass pro rigs. Killed plenty of ducks and geese from my yak this year. Also caught a lot of bass, I use it on farm ponds and allows me to fish the pond more effective. Great on lakes too.

I even rescued one of Skip's lost boats for him.

Best investment I think i've made was a kayak.

Last edited:
I have just one of the cheap Menards kayaks that I have fished out of and just to explore some smaller creeks. My brother and I plan to do some weekend camping trips exploring some smaller rivers/creeks through Iowa this summer.

I have fished out of it several times and it works fine. I have a friend that has one also and he bought a rod holder mount from bass pro and a paddle holder.

It is great if you are fishing farm ponds etc. I would say it is not the most comfortable on my back though after a couple hours. It would be pretty sweet to have one of the pricier sit on top kayaks from bass pro.

I have just one of the cheap Menards kayaks that I have fished out of and just to explore some smaller creeks. My brother and I plan to do some weekend camping trips exploring some smaller rivers/creeks through Iowa this summer. I have fished out of it several times and it works fine. I have a friend that has one also and he bought a rod holder mount from bass pro and a paddle holder. It is great if you are fishing farm ponds etc. I would say it is not the most comfortable on my back though after a couple hours. It would be pretty sweet to have one of the pricier sit on top kayaks from bass pro.

I thought that too until my buddy got a sit on and the sun fried his legs

we live between the yellow and upper iowa rivers.
turkey isn't to far either.

my next kayak will be a wilderness experience hybrid.

Top Bottom