Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cellular cams

MN Hunter

Just wondering what brands people have used, what they liked and didn't like about the cameras they have used. Approximately how much are the monthly data fees? I would need something that would work on the Verizon network. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Just wondering what brands people have used, what they liked and didn't like about the cameras they have used. Approximately how much are the monthly data fees? I would need something that would work on the Verizon network. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

From what i gathered is most the cameras use AT&T and T-Mobile! I have yet to find a camera to work on verizon.

Found this one for verizon!

https://jet.com/product/detail/0410...Id=403-89853&gclid=CIGg7pLQtssCFVGAaQods34IRQ

Another Verizon model!
http://www.trailcampro.com/collections/cellular-trail-cameras/products/reconyx-sc950c-review

Is a bit pricey! $1,200
Have to have 3 bars signal!

Last edited by a moderator:

Verizon Model

To activate the cellular setup, simply call Verizon and get them the cameras model number. While we were conducting the Reconyx SC950c Verizon reviews portion of this review, we found if you are already a Verizon account member, the plan is $5 per month. If you are not, the plan is $20 per month. This process is really simple and quick.

I am am testing a Covert Blackhawk which is Verizon as we speak. It's been out since xmas and has worked flawlessly. For 2016 they changed them up a bit. Mainly camera body and a new app that allows you to change camera settings. My current Blackhawk doesn't allow you to change settings. I'm paying $15 for 1000 pics/month. $20 for 5000 pics. I'm in the hills of NE Iowa.

I've been running a Covert BlackHawk verizon trail cam for a little over a month now and am very impressed. I've been using cellullar trail cams for about 4 years and every year they get better. Sign up and activation is super quick and easy and I love the new App on my phone that lets me look at all the pics it has taken. I plan to have one on every farm this fall to give me a quick check on what is going on as well as watch for tresspassing problems. We frequently leave tractors and farm equipment sitting at farms away from home and it is a nice feeling to know that a hidden camera is watching them.
covertverizonvelvetbuck.jpg

camera

where are you planning on using it at is the biggest thing. I purchased one a few years ago it was a LTL acorn, which uses at&t great camera but with the reception on the farm in southern iowa it would not work, and according to theyre coverage map it was right on the line of so called coverage

I am going Covert Blackhawk using Verizon, I have a Spartan using ATT and I just can't keep it sending consistent pics. Not the camera, it's the coverage area.

I have always used AT&T versions until last fall I tried a Verizon - The Verizon ones work in places that the AT&T ones didn't. I had to be very selective in picking spots for placing the AT&T cams or they didn't get enough signal to work. So far, Everywhere I have tried the Verizon one, it works!

Best Cellular camera out there is the Spartan GoWireless Camera on the Verizon Network! It cost me $5.60 a month to add it to my existing Verizon account. I pay an extra fee of about $3.00 month for the premium service. Well worth it! I have the new 2016 Covert Code Black and it is garbage compared to the Spartan camera! You can get High Res Thumbnail photos, unlike Covert's 640x480 photos. You can also request a High REs Image of any photo you get! Trust me buy the Spartan Camera on the Verizon Network and you will be so happy!! Any questions just PM me.

Best Cellular camera out there is the Spartan GoWireless Camera on the Verizon Network! It cost me $5.60 a month to add it to my existing Verizon account. I pay an extra fee of about $3.00 month for the premium service. Well worth it! I have the new 2016 Covert Code Black and it is garbage compared to the Spartan camera! You can get High Res Thumbnail photos, unlike Covert's 640x480 photos. You can also request a High REs Image of any photo you get! Trust me buy the Spartan Camera on the Verizon Network and you will be so happy!! Any questions just PM me.

What's the premium service get ya? Still can't pull the trigger on anything yet because of lack of reception at my farm

Top Bottom