Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pursuit Channel

Iowa_Buckeye

We're currently on vacation in Florida and the condo we rented gets the Pursuit Channel. We don't get this channel at home, so I'm wondering if there is any good programming I should watch out for? Pretty much all I've seen so far is a bunch of wanna-be's shooting young/dink deer and bear cubs. And some show with southern girls in tank tops hog wrestling and gator hunting....
Are the better produced shows on the weekend?

How much better produced can it get then southern girls in tank tops wrestling hogs and gators?
In all seriousness there were always a few shows I'd seen about and wanted to watch but we never could get the channel and I can't remember what their names were.

I have that channel and I'm not terribly impressed. Couple of the bow hunting shows are alright, but the vast majority are full of pro staffers who shoot a 110 inch, 2 1/2 year old off an outfitter and it's their biggest buck to date. You're better off hopping on YouTube and subscribing to some hunting shows on there.

95% of the Outdoor channel and Pursuit channel is garbage. Same idiots that cause everyone to get lease hungry....

Shows

Some pretty bad shows. I wish someone would try something new.

I like Midwest Whitetail style.

Between the internet and TV there are an absurd number of crap shows broadcast. Most are garbage or nothing but a giant infomercial. Used to really enjoy them but now I don't watch much. Midwest whitetail and some Drury stuff can be informative. It really has sent the sport the wrong direction.

Between the internet and TV there are an absurd number of crap shows broadcast. Most are garbage or nothing but a giant infomercial. Used to really enjoy them but now I don't watch much. Midwest whitetail and some Drury stuff can be informative. It really has sent the sport the wrong direction.

Someone, buy this guy a beer!!

Never been a big fan of TV Hunting but when we had the pursuit channel I saw that in fact it could be worse. I've always liked MWW online. Also, if you like Western hunting search Randy Newberg Hunter on you tube. DIY public land hunts and a lot of good info.

Like has been said, most TV hunting shows are garbage. Midwest Whitetail is a great show to stream online. Bowhunt or Die is a decently informative online show too (although steadily declining IMO) if you can get past all the gaudy product placement.

Big fan of Midwest Whitetail also. They do a class act with their shows. I noticed that I couldn't find it on any of my outdoor channels so I went to the "Ask Winke" section of the website and it looks like they no longer do a TV version of the show on the Sportsmans channel. Luckily I watch most of the stuff online anyway, so the TV version is just the previous years hunts that I have already seen but I sure would be interested to hear what the reason was for taking it off of Sportsmans Channel. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it was Winke's decision considering it has won past awards for the most popular hunting show voted on by viewers. Here is what Winke said on the website.

The TV show is not on The Sportsman Channel this year. It will launch in about three weeks and run only on streaming TV devices (Roku, AppleTV, ChromeCast and AmazonFire) and on a dedicated website we are launching. It will also run on our YouTube Channel. I will post something on the site when it is ready to view. I hope you like the new format. Have a great day. (7-7-16)

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
I agree that Midwest Whitetail is one of the best. I like YouTube the best for catching up on shows and that's pretty much all I use anymore. I also watch Heartland bowhunter, WKP, Trophy Pursuit and a couple others. I understand the advertising for products, but it gets a little out of hand with some of them anymore. "Here's this doe urine and hunting protein powder that I used to shoot this 2 1/2 year old with my rifle at 200 yds!" Gimme a break. Lol It's about like a post race interview at a NASCAR race!

Here is Winke's response when I asked him about his show no longer on the Sportsmans channel.

"We pulled it in favor of streaming and all-digital TV. Two reasons: we had to buy the airtime on the Sportsman Channel network to run the show on each year and it kept getting more expensive every year (and it was very expensive to start with). Second, the overall trend is toward digital TV (streaming on TV and web video) so rather than keep paying the high fees and be the last one to the digital party, we made the jump early. The new "TV" series will be called "Chasing November" and it will be available in late July. I will announce exactly when and where once we have it ready to launch. Thanks for the support. Have a great day. (7-7-16)"

Every time I end up on one of these channels its a dozen guys driving around on an elevated stand on top of a truck using rifles on deer that just stare at them from point-blank range. Dumb. Or some 30 min infomercial about buck roar or whatever. MWW is good because Bill seems to be real life and a straight shooter but I really don't even watch that anymore; even before a MWW pro staffer started cherry picking off my fence line I lost interest

I know a couple guys personally who think the hecs stuff works, hilarious when think about it.

I thought I was the only one that know two suckers who bought the hecs. They tried very hard to get me to buy a set and get my blessing on it..... I had to hurt their feelings :D

Lol I just had to look up what HECS was. I guess now we know why our Cro-Magnon ancestors went extinct. The wooly mammoths could sense their electrical fields! *rolls eyes*

Top Bottom