Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Under Armor

LYON

PMA Member
In case you haven't heard by now there's a lot of talk going on about Under Armor dumping Sarah Bowman, one of their sponsored female hunters. They decided to dump her after a petition was filed due to Sarah's husband (not a sponsored hunter) legally killed a black bear with a spear. Here's a link to the story. https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/08/john-boch/armour-dumps-hunters-hunters-returning-favor/.

I don't own much UA stuff and certainly won't be buying any more after this stunt. Head over to UA's Facebook pages and read the visitor posts, they've lost tons of business from the hunting community.

They are a very large and wealthy company but now we find out they have no backbone and cater to the liberals and antis....UA is dead to me now. I sold all my UA a couple years ago and now I will boycott the rest of their junk.

I unliked them on FB and will no longer buy their products. I sifted through some of the visitor posts and people are pissed! I'd like to see how some of their big names like Eva Shockey and Cameron Hanes respond to this. As big as they are, their hunting line isn't the biggest part of their revenue, but hopefully they feel some repercussions for this. I fear stuff like this will only get worse. Only 6% of the population hunts, so we need to do our best job to improve our image, while being unashamed of our heritage.

I unliked them on FB and will no longer buy their products. I sifted through some of the visitor posts and people are pissed! I'd like to see how some of their big names like Eva Shockey and Cameron Hanes respond to this. As big as they are, their hunting line isn't the biggest part of their revenue, but hopefully they feel some repercussions for this. I fear stuff like this will only get worse. Only 6% of the population hunts, so we need to do our best job to improve our image, while being unashamed of our heritage.

Cam Hanes already responded. The owner of UA is a good friend of his and he's sticking with them. His write up was pretty good and makes sense, can't say I agree with him though.

Cam Hanes already responded. The owner of UA is a good friend of his and he's sticking with them. His write up was pretty good and makes sense, can't say I agree with him though.
I just read his response, for as much as Cam wrote he really didn't say much. I understand his position; you can't really bad mouth your friend and the hand that feeds you, but it's a slippery slope when you bow to social media pressure like under armor did.

I've always thought their product was inferior compared to other companies for the styles of hunting I do. I hope some people on their prostaff have backbones to stand up to the organization and do their own severing of ties.

Has anyone gotten to read her contract? Until I get to read it and see what clauses she had in it, it is what it is. Having signed contracts like that myself, some of them are very strict in what you can/cant do. Doesnt really matter if its 100% legal or not, you are supporting their image the moment you sign it. As much as anyone hates it, its business. Other companies are jumping in saying they stand behind hunters, only because they didnt have it happen to their company at the current time. Dont get me wrong, I think its awesome and I am impressed with him. But sadly, it is what it is at the current time. I for one will not be burning my UA or not buying the gear. I use UA for many other areas than hunting regardless.

I personally don't care for there Gear I don't think it holds up compared to others items on the market so I have never been a big fan of UA actually don't own any. Personally I hope the hunters drop them.. Most wont because Money Talks !! Drury's could make a big stand fur the hunting community..

It's easy to hide behind it was a "business decision". It was fair chase and legal, what else could you want for their image? Cowards in my book, screw UA and any hunter that pimps their junk on TV.

I personally don't care for there Gear I don't think it holds up compared to others items on the market so I have never been a big fan of UA actually don't own any. Personally I hope the hunters drop them.. Most wont because Money Talks !! Drury's could make a big stand fur the hunting community..
As could Jim and Eva Shockey or the Lakoskys.
Flugge, just curious here. Did your contracts state that you could not be associated with people doing certain things? Like could you be dropped if your wife did something like shoot a bear with a spear? I'm not trying to start anything, just uneducated and curious about the process.

Well it didnt say a spear, but yes, people you associate with does have its own wording in the contracts. Doesnt matter if its you or not. Long story short, first hand saw where a guy on the same show we were filming for got us all (7) kicked off for one stupid incident. While not illegal, was frowned upon and not to the "industry standards" as a lot say. It was not even a hunting related incident, more four wheeling off roading type deal.

I always wonder in situations like this if a business or UA in this situation said or did nothing at all would it really affect their image or business? I really think it wouldn't but maybe making a statement draws attention and possibly boosts sales. I hate the political correct game that's played now days. Ryan Lockte is crucified for busting a bathroom door and lying how it really went down but Hillary's response to the Benghazi ordeal and lying about the subsequent email scandal can run for president and most likely will be elected. No rhyme or reason to it all.

Sounds like cheaper under armour for me!! Will continue to wear it regardless of there choice. Was the choice correct? I do not know. At the same time this is what is wrong with us as Americans, one person gets cut cause her husband did something against someone's beliefs and now UA is going to crack down and drop her? So be it! But now in retaliation "we the hunters" are going to stop wearing under armour clothing? (All 5-10 posters above) RIIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTT! Both positions are in the wrong here. Who gives a shit about professional hunting/hunters, they're ruining the hunting industry anyway! Did the sun come up today?? Is going to come up tomorrow? Be happy your alive and have a choice over what you're going to wear! I'll be wearing my under armour with my back for be bark this fall! Unless of course you think we are going to put a stop to UA hunting clothing, then I think I'll save mine and someday have a real nice authentic set ?!
Happy Trails!

Sounds like cheaper under armour for me!! Will continue to wear it regardless of there choice. Was the choice correct? I do not know. At the same time this is what is wrong with us as Americans, one person gets cut cause her husband did something against someone's beliefs and now UA is going to crack down and drop her? So be it! But now in retaliation "we the hunters" are going to stop wearing under armour clothing? (All 5-10 posters above) RIIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTT! Both positions are in the wrong here. Who gives a shit about professional hunting/hunters, they're ruining the hunting industry anyway! Did the sun come up today?? Is going to come up tomorrow? Be happy your alive and have a choice over what you're going to wear! I'll be wearing my under armour with my back for be bark this fall! Unless of course you think we are going to put a stop to UA hunting clothing, then I think I'll save mine and someday have a real nice authentic set ?!
Happy Trails!

For me it's not about trying to break the company, no way this is going to affect them to that extent. I don't know how much of UA's sales are hunting related but it can't be a huge percentage. For me, this is about letting them know they have stooped to a pretty low level to pander to the anti crowd that started the petition. In their nicely written explanation they say something about how they will continue to stand behind hunters. Really? Boy you really showed it in this case. This feels somewhat similar to the many 2A infringements that have been fought in recent years. They want to take just a little bit which in and of itself may not hurt, but give an inch and they will take a mile. Same type of situation here in my opinion. UA needs to hear that we hunters are not happy about this decision.

Sounds like she should have read the fine print in her contract. Pretty sure if I'm getting paid however much from a company i am gunna know what me and my spouse can and cannot do. Do I think they were right maybe maybe not but that's besides the point. I don't always agree with the speed limits but when that cop pulls me over for speeding he/she don't care I'm still getting a ticket

It'll be just like Muck boots and their donation to the humane society , everyone will raise a fuss but when the smoke settles people will still buy products that work .

in all honesty what do you expect when you post a video spearing a large animal..brutal videos like that just give ammo to antis just my .02

If you want somebody to pick on about hunting decisions that directly affect very hunter, Farm Bureau Insurance is the way to go. You can thank them for nearly every liberal regulation regarding hunting across the US. Whether it be increased bag limits, longer seasons, rifles, depredation permits, you name it, they have supported it and done so with a fury only rivaled by anti-hunters. The hook is they come off as pro hunting, but their only regard is to wipe out deer because their "farm" contingent screams and yells every year about crop damage. Don't even get me started on their stance on vehicle collisions because of deer.

• Deleted by Thinkin Rut
Show…
There is no such thing as a non-brutal kill of an animal in the eyes of an anti.
Yep! If the antis simply see you get excited after a kill, then they make you out to be a blood thirsty, remorseless, cruel, lunatic. They have no tolerance for what they don't understand, they lash out based on emotions and you cannot rationalize with them. Unfortunately, these people can conveniently sign a petition on the Internet without lifting a finger. Will these people donate money or their time to conservation or do anything positive for wildlife in their lifetime? Probably not. We hunters will continue to carry the load through our licenses and fees, and I hope one day my kids have the opportunity to enjoy the sport as much as I do.

Top Bottom