Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lakosky

I've been a big fan of any series the Lakosky's have ever been a part of. I believe it was a stand up move by Lee to issue a statement regarding this issue regardless of the offense. Just my 2 cents on the matter would be if you really watch anything on the outdoor channel or on dvd's you could find several small infractions. For examples recovering whitetails and giving an in depth description of how the hunt played out, rather then applying the tag on the animal right away. I'm guilty myself of sitting in awe over what just played out before remembering to apply the tag on the antlers. I've personally never had an issue with applying the wrong tag on an animal, but I could see how easily it could happen if you had several tags in your possession. In the end he's owned up to it and paid his fines, so there's no sense in bringing up much more than that. Especially when there's other's doing a helluva lot worse in this state and getting off with the same $195 fine.

He should now be tested for steroids :) , If he used the wrong Tag things happen to me if he used the wrong tag and he did have the proper tag Lee should of been able to correct the mistake instead of being penalized in my opinion. Lets hurt the hunters that support the wildlife by giving a fine for a simple mistake. I am sure Lee has done a lot for the sate of Iowa. I am sure the DNR agent was looking to get his name in the paper..

If he used the wrong tag and he did have the proper tag Lee should of been able to correct the mistake instead of being penalized in my opinion.
By the letter of the law, it appears he made a mistake and has owned it. For that I commend him, as it seems these days everybody plays the victim card.

I am sure Lee has done a lot for the sate of Iowa.
Fanning the flames of the commercialization of Iowa deer hunting?

He should now be tested for steroids :) , If he used the wrong Tag things happen to me if he used the wrong tag and he did have the proper tag Lee should of been able to correct the mistake instead of being penalized in my opinion. Lets hurt the hunters that support the wildlife by giving a fine for a simple mistake. I am sure Lee has done a lot for the sate of Iowa. I am sure the DNR agent was looking to get his name in the paper..
This fine or deer hunting laws in general for that matter does feel less important considering they are giving out hundreds of tags to harvest deer by pretty much any means to control the CWD. Not advocating breaking the law just seems funny.

Remember the kid in Taylor County a few years who shot a huge buck then went to town and bought a tag? May be apples and oranges but the kid was crucified on here. Tag mix up is easy to understand. I carry several tags in my pack, statewide and all of the county specific antlerless tags. I use a dry marker to write the county name on the antlerless tags and "Buck" on the either sex tag. I wasn't sure carrying a Clayton County and Marion County tag at the same time was legal but I asked a couple of COs and they were OK with carrying them all at the same time.

Not that I want to stick up for a celebrity hunter, but it sounds like he was trying to follow the rules when he called his harvest in. I don't know if you enter the wrong county for the tag number, for instance I call in a harvest and say Marion instead of Clayton after I enter the tag number, if that flags it but I guarantee if you buy a tag and less then 24 hours later register the harvest the light goes on somewhere. So I don't know which of the two he did.

I'll also say one more thing, to suggest any CO writes a ticket to get their name in lights is atypical behavior for any of the COs that I have ever met, and I've met a bunch.

This may seem funny, but I wasn't really sure who or what a "Lakosky" was. If the title had been "Lee and Tiff" then I would have recognized the names. I wonder if they have trademarked "Lee and Tiff". And why does he get top billing? Probably alphabetical.

I am not sure how one obtains a copy of the actual Citation if that is what I am looking at in less it leaked ? Public Record ? If the man makes a mistake and had no malicious intent then in my opinion they should of had him correct the mistake and move on. No need for a citation unless they where trying to find something bigger I mean why go through all this unless your looking for something bigger Lee ended up with a $100.00 fine I mean a $100.00 fine waste of time resources and tax payer dollars IMO the $100 included court cost in the end. I am not stating that all DNR is bad or any for that matter I just don't think the fine was necessary if I understand the issue.

I understand he has brought a lot of attention to the resources of hunting that Iowa has to offer and I understand irritation of outfitters and the effect it has on most goals that we all have about The Management of Whitetail deer. I am very (fortunate) to have Hadley Creek along my North boarder. There are time's I look at there website and see bucks we are passing and want to Ram my head through a wall so I understand that full swing. I also understand that some people only option to hunt is to go with a outfitter they are not a fortunate to own ground or have opportunities we all may have.

I don't know Lee or Tiffany I am not trying to protect them if this was one of you my opinion would be the same. Every time something happens social media and the world blows it up. Everything Is always on the negative. Id like to look at the 90% good of a person than focus on 10% of the bad of a human being.

Reactions: SB3
He broke the law. It's not the C.O. S fault. I am sure he was dying to write report for something so small. Maybe if he had let it go and it got out a different bunch would be howling. Not to hard to know what tag to have with you, and I bet there are plenty using that minor detail to cheat the system all the time. We don't know all the details or his intentions, all we know is he broke a law, he got cought and he paid the fine. That's all we really need to know right? Maybe he is a chronic law breaker? Maybe it's the only time he slipped up. Maybe some of you should have gone to school to work in that field so you can make the decisions they make every day to help things from going to hell completely. I get sick of hearing how it's law enforcements fault, people get caught doing a crime, pay the price.

• Deleted by Thinkin Rut
Show…
I'm just glad to see that there were no double standards in Van Buren Co. like appears to be on here.

There are always double standards when the DNR is involved, always...
Did he lose the deer, his weapon, his vehicle, or any other possessions? Did he lose his hunting rights or have to pay a civil penalty for the deer that was taken illegally? Im just going to guess no to all of the above. Could the CO have written him at least one or more separate tickets pertaining to the same violation but decide not to, Im going to guess yes most definitely. So they didnt throw book at him but they did let him off as easy as possible without just turning a blind eye... The double standard is that had it been most any other person it probably would have been a harsher outcome. An Iowa DNR officer is pretty much judge/jury/executioner, you could put a dozen different COs in the exact same position and get a dozen different outcomes and the county prosecutor is going to side with them 99 times out of a 100 regardless of how fair, harsh or easy the punishment was so yes there was a double standard always has been and probably always will be just how our legal system especially DNR related works.
Dont get me wrong I don't care how it was handled or what Lee does, hes not my neighbor, friend, or family member so its not my problem and really none of my business... Just dont get the wrong idea and think that who he is didnt help him out drastically in this instance

Last edited:
  • Deleted by Thinkin Rut
Show…
Being in law enforcement, where ever you got the citation picture from alone, is illegal. Hard copy citations are not for the general public. Obviously contains too much personal information.

For the privacy of the Lakosky's, can I ask an admin to remove that picture? Privacy of homeplace, DL, DOB -- now someone needs to just get his social security out of the mailbox sometime and you can have yourself some fun.

Come on guys...

Being in law enforcement, where ever you got the citation picture from alone, is illegal. Hard copy citations are not for the general public. Obviously contains too much personal information.

For the privacy of the Lakosky's, can I ask an admin to remove that picture? Privacy of homeplace, DL, DOB -- now someone needs to just get his social security out of the mailbox sometime and you can have yourself some fun.

Come on guys...

Just checked back in on the thread and seen your post, looks like an administrator already deleted it before I could

Top Bottom