Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2017 Hunt

I'm actually a resident here now. Moved from Iowa a couple years ago. so i only pay $42 and can hunt from september to mid December. Nonresident tags are $442.
I always drive through Williamsburg on my way out to Arizona. Really like that area. Always meet nice people there too.

Have you hunted any river bottoms there?

I have only scouted those areas in SD, but I know from friends that they do well in public, and they sometimes get on some private farms too.

It's good, friend shot a 144 last year, older buck like 5 I think.

Since I will be driving through Missouri on my way west do you have any suggestions as to which part of the state I should concentrate on? Heard the EHD did some serious damage there a few years ago.

I only scouted 5 properties but I'd suggest northeast at the public nearby the town of Unionville.

I only scouted 5 properties but I'd suggest northeast at the public nearby the town of Unionville.
That's where a friend of mine hunted 3 years ago. He said October was awesome but come November it was difficult to get a parking spot. Still worth a shot. I am headed to a spot in Illinois this weekend and the following weekend my family wants to go to Nebraska so we can turkey hunt and scout at the same time.

Even before reading this thread, I've had a recent draw toward Kansas. Sounds like it would be on a lot of guys' top hunting areas. Out west sounds pretty cool too. I like the idea of doing some spot and stalk hunts in the open fields/grasslands. And it would be cool to see some other game like muleys and elk.

Top Bottom