Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best trail cameras of 2017 - $100-225

I'll never buy another Bushnell or Browning. The Bushnell customer service is great, but the cameras suck. I get 4-5k pics in and done. Everyone of them. I have a brandnew one sitting in a box that was a replacement from 1 of the 5 I've had break. Note that we bought one new and I got one when I signed up for a pic storage site both of which broke and i'm on my 4th replacement. When this one breaks i'm done.

Moultrie is what I've had awesome luck with. m888i's and m990 ir m999i's are all great cameras. on multiple years and probably 50k pics through most and running strong. Probably have 8 or 9 of them.

I have been a Covert fan for years. The MPE-8 has been my go to for as long as they have been out. I have a couple Reconyx, which are great...but not cost effective to own lots of them. I just switched everything over to Radix. They are $159.00, and honestly so far they seem to be a Reconyx quality camera in a tiny package. Image quality is exeptional, trigger speed is .7 seconds, 1080P video with sound, 2 year warranty (which is nice), and my favorite part is they operate on 4 AA batteries. the battery savings alone is going to be substantial for me. Radix claims 20k pics during warm weather on 4 Lithium batteries. Time will tell if that is the case, as I have only had them out a few weeks now.

I have been a Covert fan for years. The MPE-8 has been my go to for as long as they have been out. I have a couple Reconyx, which are great...but not cost effective to own lots of them. I just switched everything over to Radix. They are $159.00, and honestly so far they seem to be a Reconyx quality camera in a tiny package. Image quality is exeptional, trigger speed is .7 seconds, 1080P video with sound, 2 year warranty (which is nice), and my favorite part is they operate on 4 AA batteries. the battery savings alone is going to be substantial for me. Radix claims 20k pics during warm weather on 4 Lithium batteries. Time will tell if that is the case, as I have only had them out a few weeks now.
I'm curious on what your opinion will be on these. I've looked at them in the past and they look like a nice unit. Did you get the no glow or the low glow and whats the difference?

I'm curious on what your opinion will be on these. I've looked at them in the past and they look like a nice unit. Did you get the no glow or the low glow and whats the difference?

I have 2 of the no glows out currently, will be doing first check of them this weekend. Should be pretty interesting, they are such a tiny camera. Smaller than my Iphone... only drawback (if its even one) is they require a micro sd card..

I have a dozen of them in the woods right now. All but one are the low glow. Talking with the owner, I didn't really see an advantage of the no-glow, and the night pics are a bit clearer on the low-glow. But that is typical of any black flash camera. The micro sd card isn't really an issue to me. they cost the same as a regular sd, and most come with the adapter to use regular sd card slot on computer.

Cuddebroke is permanently ruled out for me... FOREVER..... fixing broken cameras under warranty was a constant nightmare. I get that cams can break BUT 4-6 models all broke more often than other brands I will not buy from a company with customer service like i experienced. Nightmare. Covert, bushnell, all others I've dealt with, etc are so much better to deal with it's just no contest. Add to the fact that all the other brands were far better quality & results, IMO, there's no way I'll give cuddebroke another dime after my multiple experiences. Never again.
I bet u cell cams keep growing and get better, easier and cheaper every year.

I took the dive and went all in on the new Cuddelink system and was like a kid at Christmas when they arrived! Then......I find out they won't work without the latest firmware update to 6.1. I find this out on Saturday and I'm heading out on Sunday to put cams out and I was disappointed to say the least. It was about midnight and I thought I would shoot an email to Mark Cuddeback just to make me feel better. Boom at midnight on a Saturday night he emails me back with the firmware update attached and tells me to let him know if I have any other concerns. I was super impressed and my Faith in Cuddeback was once again restored. I tested these cameras at home and was able to get 1/4 mile of distance easy on open ground. I am beyond impressed with the different picture options, etc that this camera offers. I put all of my cameras out and I think the one thing that will disappoint many guys is the distance that can be utilized in the timber isn't what they will want. People need to understand the limitations of this technology and use it accordingly. I am still testing different modes in the field but so far my expectations have been exceeded! I recently (this past weekend) bought some regular IR Cuddebacks and had another firmware issue and I emailed Mark once again and the automatic response came back with out of office until July 3rd but Ill be damned if he didn't email back and the problem was fixed while he was boarding a plane!!

Run about 15 bushnell and 2 cuddes (only because the cuddes were free). If the 2, hands down bushnell, the pics on both cuddes are terrible and the battery life sucks.

If the bushnell all but the ones made in 2010 and 2011 are great. The new aggressors have been great so far too. They 1-year warranty does suck but I have had them replace an older one once and sell me some for $50 a piece after I had 3 go down in a year. These were all the 2010 models.

Batteries for me is based strictly on pics. I tend to get 16000 pics from a cam. If it is over corn before or after season I am replacing them every few weeks. If it is standard setup on a scrape or trail I can get 6 months out of them

KAMTRON Waterproof Trail Camera is one of the best alternative on the market . It will definitely get you the photos you want to see what game is repeatedly going into an area. This trail camera’s standout feature is its very sound night photo taking capability. This is accomplished through its advanced 36 pieces LED flash with no-glow infrared technology. With this game camera, you will also get outstanding quality 12 MP photos out to a range of some 60’ in front of it. It also can shoot 1080P full HD video and it’s programmed by using its built-in 2” LCD display. The LCD display will also allow you to view the photos and video this cam has taken without the need to have a computer with you.

Run about 15 bushnell and 2 cuddes (only because the cuddes were free). If the 2, hands down bushnell, the pics on both cuddes are terrible and the battery life sucks.

If the bushnell all but the ones made in 2010 and 2011 are great. The new aggressors have been great so far too. They 1-year warranty does suck but I have had them replace an older one once and sell me some for $50 a piece after I had 3 go down in a year. These were all the 2010 models.

Batteries for me is based strictly on pics. I tend to get 16000 pics from a cam. If it is over corn before or after season I am replacing them every few weeks. If it is standard setup on a scrape or trail I can get 6 months out of them

Which Bushnells? I had 4 cams die this week, need to restock my inventory

Top Bottom