Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lets Talk October Cold Fronts

anyone heading out tomorrow with this cold front moving through? I'm thinking about it but don't want to pressure my spots. Id like to set up on food but the oaks are dropping acorns everywhere right now. thinking about checking a few public spots and setting up on cut corn if i can find it. Any other suggestions as to how to set up? I usually don't hunt October because I'm really busy with work, but I don't have much going on tomorrow so i thought i might give it a try.

Do these get any neighboring bucks traveling ? Really dont have anything I want to kill on trail camera at the moment ..

Do these get any neighboring bucks traveling ? Really dont have anything I want to kill on trail camera at the moment ..

My gut tells me at this point they are still somewhat in their routine pattern. My opinion of a cold front is that it's more likely they will move during the daylight. My excuse for going is that I want to get out to keep checking my cameras so I'll try to get a hunt in at the same time.

Can’t wait to see who it will be as someone will certainly score on a giant with this cold front.

What is the window you guys are talking about when hunting a front with a temp change? Hunting during the temp change? Day after? Within 12 hours after?

Anyone stick one?

Cool temps up here in MN, on their feet. Mostly does, one big 8 at distance

All I did was bump deer on my way in and sit in rain the whole night. I was going to stay home but somehow I ended up out there :/ lol

I went out with my 6 year old and filled a doe tag. The rain stopped at my place right around 5:30 and we were in the stand pretty much right when it quit. Started seeing deer within the first 10 minutes. Now I can concentrate on bucks!

Didn't shoot anything... Awesome sit though. Saw deer from 3:00 on including 12 or 13 bucks. Don't get too many days on stand like yesterday. Hope the weather cooperates later this month and into November.

Sat here in SW Missouri. Had a doe come through, and then a 3 year old 8. Unfortunately, I had a coyote go off in between the bedding area and ridge I was hunting on. Not saying he did anything, but he def had me cut off if they were going to come from that direction.
Dad had 8 does in a green field below him. Good night last night, but I bet this morning was fantastic.

Top Bottom