Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sitka vs IWOM

Tried IWOM approx. 6 years ago fabric was noisy when it got cold. Noise was especially bad when I leaned against the tree. Ended up having to return it as it made to much noise. Great product outside of that though. Also I sat in an all day down poor and kept toasty and dry. I also loved the packable features. Maybe they updated the fabric since then but that’s my take from when I tried it.

When you say IWOM are you referring to the IWOM bag similar to a heater body suit? I searched iwom and that's all I could find. If that's what you are referring to I will say that my HBS is one of my best hunting purchases.

Last edited:
I look and feel dumb in a HBS, but good god is it worth the money. If all my hunting gear burnt to the ground HBS is the first cold weather gear Id buy. Iwom is intriguing though, really like the predator fall gray camo .

heater body suit has turned me into a big ole wuss- but im ok with that:) any cold day- im in my HBS and love it!

Sorry, been to busy to get on here and reply. HBS seems like to much movement to get ready for a shot to me. I am thinking that I am going to order the IWOM and try it out. They have a money back guarantee.

I have Sitka , I love it but couldn't compare to the rest because I have never tried it. Sitka for sure dissipates the moisture from your body if you use there core base layers. I have the fanatic which I use most the time I love it .. I also have the incinerator and you can literally not walk in it or you will roast and pass out from the heat. . I back my gear in.. as well . FYI fanatic is not water proof Incinerators is... If Fanatic was water proof it would be awesome. It does have a lot of upside it's quite and I love the pocket in the front it's awesome for Bow hunting.. I also don't wear much under it so I am not like the kid on a Christmas Story where he cant move his arms :)

Sorry, been to busy to get on here and reply. HBS seems like to much movement to get ready for a shot to me. I am thinking that I am going to order the IWOM and try it out. They have a money back guarantee.
What did you decide? I keep seeing iwom and it seems like a better option then hbs.

What did you decide? I keep seeing iwom and it seems like a better option then hbs.
I have not done anything on this yet. Haven't really needed it yet, although next week looks like the begging of winter. Since I do not plan to hunt Second season I may go ahead and order one.

For stand hunting, I went with Iwom. I love it. I like that it has arms. The lack of legs was a concern but not a problem. Any noise it makes has never been an issue for me. Plus it is so much cheaper than Sitka.

I have IWOM and I love it. What I did as far as the noise goes was to get a long sleeve shirt and tie it around the tree, the fabric can be noisy against the tree, but with a shirt tied to the tree, it solved that problem. I have a cold feet problem and I have tried everything...wearing sock liners, changing socks when i get to the stand, I dont know how many boots I have tried, but no matter what I have tried, I get cold feet. IWOM has solved that problem for me. Two years ago, I hunted in near zero degrees, and my feet staying warm. I had to throw a couple of chemical hand warmers down by my feet, but they staying warm. I just wear my regular base layers, pack it with me, then when I get to the stand put it on and zip it up. The hand muff is the warmest muff I have ever used. Plus, their customer service is top notch, my zipper broke down by my feet, I sent it in, they replaced it for free. It is far the best piece of equipment I have bought.

Reactions: arm
Top Bottom