Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wireless Trail Cameras

risto2351

Been looking at the wireless trail camera reviews and am confused on the pros/cons of which ones are the best to buy. Figured I would go right to those using them in the field on their opinion on the best ones out there.
I am in N.E. Iowa and use U.S. Cellular. Looking at clarity of picture, battery life, ease of use, of course price and other features. I don't want a sales pitch just the facts. Thank you and good luck to those still holding tags.

I'd give Boyd (Buckhollow in Pella) a call - I haven't pulled the trigger on any yet but he'll give you the facts. Of course he's selling them but he's also run them & has first-hand experience. 10x better than going to Bass Pro or anywhere else.

Like Brett said I'd call Boyd and also Jjohnson with Sportmens Unlimited in Waukon. Im sure he has used, sold and gotten feedback on some

I will be studying lots of brands of cameras at the ATA Show next week but at the moment I believe your only option for a cellual Trail cam on US Cellular is the Spartan.
I've sold dozens of them and people seem to love them.
I run 3 myself and currently have them in stock in my shop

I will be studying lots of brands of cameras at the ATA Show next week but at the moment I believe your only option for a cellual Trail cam on US Cellular is the Spartan.
I've sold dozens of them and people seem to love them.
I run 3 myself and currently have them in stock in my shop

How is the battery life on those Boyd? Please let us know if there are any new ones we need to just wait for after the show.

I'm getting approximately 3 months battery life - compared to your phone that at most lasts 2-3 days i don't think that is too bad - remember, it has a cell phone built in that logs into the network many, many times a day.

If anyone sees something that is supposed to be at ATA next week that they want me to investigate, please send me a message via PM on here and i will try to look into it.

I'm getting approximately 3 months battery life - compared to your phone that at most lasts 2-3 days i don't think that is too bad - remember, it has a cell phone built in that logs into the network many, many times a day.

If anyone sees something that is supposed to be at ATA next week that they want me to investigate, please send me a message via PM on here and i will try to look into it.
3 months battery life?!? Wow. Ok- so we’re talking 12 ultimate lithiums?
I was using 12 ultimate lithiums on covert verizon cams and maybe got 2-3 weeks. There was an issue with that combo. Likely- a solution but a lot of cams had that problem. So- with my COVERTS- the ONLY solution I had was to run rechargeables & an external 6v battery. & I always did have remote update set to off or just once per 24 hours. That combo did do well & added solar panel to some. But- it shouldn’t be like that.
So Boyd- just so i understand- u running lithiums and getting that life span?

I run regular AA Duracell Procells i buy in bulk most of the year and only put in lithiums towords end of rut as i know I wont be back to the camera for a very long time.
All 3 cams got replaced with lithiums the end of November and all are running strong yet - even with the 20 below temps that tend to kill batteries.

They definitively last much longer than any of the Coverts i ran (used them for 3-4 years prior)

Obviously battery life will depend on signal strength of cellular network and number and types of pictures taken.

They also use VERY LITTLE DATA on my cell phone plan - less than 1 gig for all 3 cams combined last time i checked on that.

I run regular AA Duracell Procells i buy in bulk most of the year and only put in lithiums towords end of rut as i know I wont be back to the camera for a very long time.
All 3 cams got replaced with lithiums the end of November and all are running strong yet - even with the 20 below temps that tend to kill batteries.

They definitively last much longer than any of the Coverts i ran (used them for 3-4 years prior)

Obviously battery life will depend on signal strength of cellular network and number and types of pictures taken.

They also use VERY LITTLE DATA on my cell phone plan - less than 1 gig for all 3 cams combined last time i checked on that.

Boyd,
On the plan from the provider (U.S.) Cellular), from what I understand it is one plan for each camera correct? Not one for all the cameras if you have multiple.? From your post earlier Spartan is the only one that uses U.S. Cellular? If so do you think anything else will come out this year year.

$5 per camera from US Cellular - shares data with the plan you already have in place

Spartan is the only camera I know of that uses the US Cellular network - havent seen any others but I plan to check out any possiblities at the ATA and the SHOT show in next few weeks.
IF you see any you want me to look into, please send me a PM with details.

Thank you Boyd. I have heard good things about them but with that kind of money for the camera and multiple units I want to make sure they are here to last.

Been looking at the wireless trail camera reviews and am confused on the pros/cons of which ones are the best to buy. Figured I would go right to those using them in the field on their opinion on the best ones out there.
I am in N.E. Iowa and use U.S. Cellular. Looking at clarity of picture, battery life, ease of use, of course price and other features. I don't want a sales pitch just the facts. Thank you and good luck to those still holding tags.

I am from south east Nebraska. I bought four spypoint link S cameras about two months ago. I’ve used spypoint non-cellular cameras in the past and was very happy with them. But I’m very frustrated with the spypoint link cellular solar cameras. The internal batteries included in the cameras are not holding a charge. I’ve taken them out of the field (after a month or so) and I can’t get them above 52% charged while at home. I also unloaded a wad of cash on four spypoint lithium rechargeable back up batteries. But my cameras won’t tecognize the back up batteries like they are designed to do. I’ve also spent more hours than I ever imagined I would trying to get support from Spypoint which is out of Canada. They have given me no reasonable response to how to resolve these issues. I’m in a fix because I’ve invested thousands of $ in these cameras that as of now seem worthless...

Hope you have better luck!

On the Spartan, I don't have US cellular plan but it's the only service at the farm. Still $5 for a cam and no phone plan? Or where can I find that info

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Its only $5 more for the data plan if you dont have a US Cellular plan already - plus $5 per camera (Basically $10 for first cam, $5 for second, $5 for third, etc - at least that's how I understand it)

From Spartan Website
If you already have a U.S. Cellular account with data, the camera can be added as a Connected Device for $5.00/month. If you don’t have an existing U.S. Cellular data service, you can purchase the data only plans starting from 300MB for $5.00/month plus the device connection charge which is $5.00/month.

Reactions: arm
Bushnell Trophy Cam HD Agressor 14MP Wireless Trail Camera

I run these in several different counties (Decatur, Marshall & Hardin) and love them. They work off the AT&T network so it doesn't matter what cell service you have for your phone. 4 different picture packages to choose from but I use the 1500 pictures per month per camera for $10 per camera. You can cancel/restart the camera agreement at anytime without penalty. I run lithium batteries in all cameras paired with the Bushnell solar panels. The panel powers its own internal battery that powers the camera most of the time and the camera's batteries kick in when needed. I have had them for 3 years and have NEVER replaced the batteries with the solar panel. I did run one camera without the solar panel and the batteries lasted 3/4 months.

If I have a U.S. cellular account I can buy a Verizon one correct? I cannot find any information on price or data plans for doing that. Anyone have any information on that by chance? I am just trying to see which is more cost effective (looks like U.S. cellular ones are a tad cheaper front end cost).

Bushnell Trophy Cam HD Agressor 14MP Wireless Trail Camera

I run these in several different counties (Decatur, Marshall & Hardin) and love them. They work off the AT&T network so it doesn't matter what cell service you have for your phone. 4 different picture packages to choose from but I use the 1500 pictures per month per camera for $10 per camera. You can cancel/restart the camera agreement at anytime without penalty. I run lithium batteries in all cameras paired with the Bushnell solar panels. The panel powers its own internal battery that powers the camera most of the time and the camera's batteries kick in when needed. I have had them for 3 years and have NEVER replaced the batteries with the solar panel. I did run one camera without the solar panel and the batteries lasted 3/4 months.

How much are they,?

I've been using Moultrie mobile this year. I think it cost $150 and it plugs into any newer Moultrie camera. It's $10 a month, uses a Verizon plan that I can turn off and on at any time. Works well, batteries are still going strong after 3 months but I have it set to send me pics only once a day rather than get constant notifications from it. I've been pretty happy with it.

Heard that Cuddeback Cuddilink has developed a wireless camera also. It that is true what would be the benefit of having seven or 8 Spartan Go Cameras over the one Cuddilink home camera (with the other linked cameras) collecting and sending the pictures from one camera. Price sounds like it would be cheaper but don't know about the plan price?

Top Bottom