Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thoughts on Dicks?

2-bucks

PMA Member
Just herd Dicks Sporting Goods is dropping all AR style rifles from their stores and will not sell any firearm to anyone under 21. The CEO said this was in part because the recent Florida shooter had purchased a shotgun from a Dicks store.

P.S. Sorry about the title... I did not think about it enough to realize I should have use the full company name. And the edit function does not seem to let me change the title.

Corporate cowardness. They shouldn’t sell any gun or any ammo with that point of view. They have every right to make any rules they want and I have every right to buy things elsewhere. I expect when a group of idiots beats down some kid with a baseball bat- they will stop selling those too.

Let’s be consistent too!!!! Big business should get out of all of this... (CDC data, etc- USA)

Alcohol deaths from over usage: 88,000
Drowning: 3,600 (Dick’s should not sell anything swim or boat related. Incredibly dangerous!!)
Fishing: 58 deaths
Tobacco: 480,000
Sports related deaths + major one: Severe injuries are staggering. Millions of injuries per year.
Sugary Drinks: 25,000 deaths per year
On and on. Let’s ban it all. Stores certainly shouldn’t sell these things!!!! Deadly!!!

Last edited:
Their right to sell whatever they want, but also my right to take all my sports business elsewhere. Their statement looked like a statement straight off of CNN. Millennials protest with their mouths, conservatives with their wallet, so they'll feel it if my guess is correct.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Their right to sell whatever they want, but also my right to take all my sports business elsewhere. Their statement looked like a statement straight off of CNN. Millennials protest with their mouths, conservatives with their wallet, so they'll feel it if my guess is correct.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Agree completely. Let's not forget these Millennials protesting were eating tide pods 2 weeks ago.

Walmart has now joined in on this BS. It will be tougher but I will also not be spending my money with them either. Knee jerk PC reaction that won't fix a thing. I hope people stick to thier guns on this. It will only work if we can really stick with it. Long list of online businesses, car rentals, banks, if we don't stick up for it now it will gain momentum

I think I have more hunting gear then Dick's has. That store is about as useful as a hike in the head!

If I want a gun I wasn’t buying it there. Overpriced, the guys working the gun counter are completely clueless about firearms and the inventory is terrible.

Now if I want anything else sporting goods related I won’t be buying it there from now on.

Unless youre looking for under armour or ski pants Dicks was always a wasted trip anyways... Might as well go the the sporting goods section at Wal-Mart

To be clear Dicks Sporting goods proper stopped selling AR's and the like after Sandyhook but their subsidiary store Field and Stream has been selling them up until yesterday. If you havent been in one of those you'd be surprised at what they have. Their choice to sell our choice on where we shop.

Myself I don't have a problem with putting high capacity semi auto carbines in the same boat as handguns and making the purchase age 21. I do not like making an individual be 21 to buy a hunting shotgun, rifle or ammo. Pretty soon these kids are going to be considered minors across the board until 21, except when we want to send them to war.

I see Walmart changed their policy and now or soon will require you to be 21 or older to purchase any ammo and guns. How long before the left pushes for no one under the age of 21 to be able to have a gun in their possession? If this magic age of 21 is their answer to school shootings, then maybe no drivers license, can't get married, can't be pregnant, and for sure anyone under the age of 21 shouldn't be able to vote because clearly they're not reasonable yet!

• Deleted by iowavf
Show…
I agree on the Dick's hunting/fishing sporting goods sections being horrible, but their Field and Stream stores are nice. I was just in the new one in Davenport and was fairly impress and glad to have a store bigger than the old Gander Mt in the quad cities. Now I guess I will go to Scheels and Fin & Feather more.

Top Bottom