Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thoughts on Dicks?

Kids under 21 can drink and drive? Text and drive? Drive a car at 14-15 years old. It's not really about what's safe, the numbers say there are many many more dangers to our kids than guns. It's a lefty agenda, propped up by the media and fake news

Kids under 21 can drink and drive? Text and drive? Drive a car at 14-15 years old. It's not really about what's safe, the numbers say there are many many more dangers to our kids than guns. It's a lefty agenda, propped up by the media and fake news
Yep, most these shooters have been over the age of 21, so what does an age restriction solve? I wouldn't care if the age to buy an AR went to 21, but the left won't stop there. IMO they want what Australia has, complete gun confiscation.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yep, most these shooters have been over the age of 21, so what does an age restriction solve? I wouldn't care if the age to buy an AR went to 21, but the left won't stop there. IMO they want what Australia has, complete gun confiscation.

I couldn't agree more. That is exactly what they are going for. They use the "success" in Australia to push that it will work here. Even the PM of Australia said he didn't think you could compare the two because it's so much different here and we have an amendment to the Constitution. They want guns out of our hands, all guns.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

My question is this;
Is the AR a liability for Dick's on the legal side? Are the insurance rates about to skyrocket for businesses that sell them? Maybe someone with knowledge on that could chime in....
I'm just wondering if internally Dick's no longer wants the liability of selling the AR, and then made a calculated stunt of spinning it into a public relations lie.

I'm not defending Dicks here, I say they are exactly that. But a lot of blame goes to the judicial system also. They blame tobacco companies for lung cancer. They blame McDonald's because the coffee is too hot. They blame an infant suffocation on a plastic bag. They blame a drunk driver on his first beer (not his last) and they'll blame his crash on the car manufacturer.
Our problem is that stupidity is never liable, always someone else's fault.
Stupidity teamed up with a liberal judge can destroy a whole lot of common sense in a big hurry.

Last edited:
I should clarify. For me it's less about choosing not to sell AR style rifles (even though it dumb) and more about choosing to not sell to those under 21 ammo and guns period. The AR thing is a choice on inventory, the other is totally different.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

the problem is the line of thinking that o yeah 21 is a reasonable age.. thats how they will get their foot in the door and then the next time it happens they will say we didn't do enough and push for more.. so on and so forth. Also some lib congressman and 167 co sponsors just introduced a new "assault weapons" ban and boy oh boy is it an extensive list.. screw these guys. Im not for changing any ages or a single gun law. Fix the real problem, Fix the fact that this dipshit kid had the sheriff there some 45 odd times, the fbi tips, so on and so forth. Maybe pass a law or figure out how to get law enforcement agencies to communicate with each other.. the fact that the alarm was raised on the kid this many times and nothing was put in for his background is a disgrace. changing ages, restricting magazines, banning this gun or that gun or all guns will not ever solve the problem. the real fact is that there are sick little freaks out there that will do terrible things no matter what law anyone passes. they'll do it with a gun, knife, a u-haul truck, a cup of acid or a louisville slugger.. so no 21 is not reasonable, *unless* you also cannot: serve in the military, be tried as an adult, drive, pay taxes, serve on a jury or vote. rant over.

What if a 19 year old went into Dicks, which to me is a stick and ball store not a hook and bullet store, to purchase an AR style gun and was turned down. Wouldn't it be against his or her rights? IF a baker gets successfully sued for not baking a wedding cake why can't a 19 year old gun buyer do the same to the corporation who denies him the right to purchase a gun? Perhaps my understanding of rights is incorrect in this case, but it isn't against the law for them to purchase a long gun so how can Diks Wallmart et al refuse them service?

Who doesn't want the mass shootings to stop? This is not the answer. This is corporate opportunism.

Exact conversation I had with my wife.
Guess I am starting to think like a bonker.....

Never bought anything there. Do you suppose some district attorney will take them to court for refusing to legally sell firearms to a 19 year old just like the bakery that refused to make a cake for the gay couple wedding?

What if a 19 year old went into Dicks, which to me is a stick and ball store not a hook and bullet store, to purchase an AR style gun and was turned down. Wouldn't it be against his or her rights? IF a baker gets successfully sued for not baking a wedding cake why can't a 19 year old gun buyer do the same to the corporation who denies him the right to purchase a gun? Perhaps my understanding of rights is incorrect in this case, but it isn't against the law for them to purchase a long gun so how can Diks Wallmart et al refuse them service?

Who doesn't want the mass shootings to stop? This is not the answer. This is corporate opportunism.

Correct, if they do not want the liability, then they need to stop selling firearms and ammo all together. But then that would cut into their bottom line.

Just a brainstorm, does this mean that Ellen DeGeneres will now like Dick's? :D:D:D

cf9e16280070c7afe454b1a320f9d109.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dicks is just a half rate scheels anyway, always has been. Now I really have no need to stop in there.

At the end of the day, no one is addressing the biggest problem. Parenting!!! Maybe we should start locking up parents of these kids because they did such a piss poor job raising them to start with.

Now, as far as the big box stores, I wish they would stop selling guns altogether because they are killing the small local dealers. Right now we are seeing lots of small shops going under because of the big box stores and the internet. Most have more people wanting them to do transfers than they do people wanting to buy. The little guy can't compete and there are a record number of FFL's being turned in because of shops closing. Ok, that's my rant for the day! Glad I got that off my chest!

I was so moved and compelled by the brave actions of Dick's and other liberals who destroyed their AR's that I have now seen the light. Two less AR's in the world now....

Think the idiots will buy it???

I suppose it's not that believable, I mean who only has two AR's?!
ff6a5ea6914c56cdb5f83918793afe17.jpg

Top Bottom