Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rescued a gal having a bad day

Found this little one , she was cut up but walked then trotted away, hope she can heal up before the yotes sniff her out
Ugggghhh. I’ve seen that more times than I care to. Usually with just the skeleton left. Horrid way to go. I hate barbed wire fences. That happens way too much. Hope she makes it.

Thanks for the reply I wasn't sure if my first post worked. I've been lurking and creeping this site for years. Thanks to all for the knowledge and Input. I check this site everyday and I'm proud to read all of these amazing stories from and around our great state.

Glad you got her out. Hopefully she will make it. I had the same thing happen about 10 years ago and she was jumping and kicking like crazy but I managed to get her out. But not before she got a few good licks in. As soon as I got her free she jumped about 10 feet away and just stared at me like she was thanking me and laughing at how muddy I was from where she knocked me down.

Nice job. A couple years ago helped one out of a cattle panel during spring turkey season. It hadn't been there too long, glad I didn't get kicked in the process. Found a few with skeletons like that and one time a small buck that got it's head stuck in a small tree crotch and died, skeleton still hanging.

She may well survive, but likely will lose the leg that was caught. Between the cuts around and tourniquet action of the wire, it likely lost blood supply to lower leg. Three legged does do pretty well. Good luck to her... Good job giving her a chance!

Good looking 5 strand fence. Great for cattle, tough on deer. Nice job of getting her loose and giving her a chance!!

NWBuck

Top Bottom