Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trail Cam contest April - June 2018

muddy

Well, Skip says we need more contests. What Skip wants, Skip gets!

We are going to try a few trail cam contests. One contest every few months and then at the end of the year we'll throw the winners together for one big contest.

The idea of this contest is to get traffic on the site and continue giving bck to contributing members. This first contest will run from April thru the end of June. ANY picture of ANY animal is eligible but all I ask is that the DATE BE CORRECT ON YOUR CAMERA so we can keep it fair.

Set your cams up on dead cows, on ponds for ducks, fields for stutters, etc....

Post any questions you have here, and also post your entries here. Let's say 3 entries per member, but you can swap out pics of you get a better one. All in GOOD FUN.

Buy some batteries and HAPPY trail cameraing!

Good grief, I'm turning into Skip with all the caps locks.

• Deleted by SB3
  • Reason: wrong pic for contest
Show…
And I assume current year? So April-June of 2018? Or can we use 2017? Or am I missing the post entirely and this is just "segment" of winners between those dates?

• Deleted by SB3
Show…
And I assume current year? So April-June of 2018? Or can we use 2017? Or am I missing the post entirely and this is just "segment" of winners between those dates?

Correct DATE includes correct YEAR!! Pics must be between April 2018 and June 2018 for FIRST ROUND of contest! I'll fix the thread title

It's been pretty slow on cameras lately. Here's the best one I've got in a couple weeks.
6d719711bc7117ff969af73106e00235.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Crap, now you tell me...I just took almost all of our cams down this weekend. :) Oh well, I will put a couple back up this weekend. Good idea.

throwing another idea out there...could also do a contest where pics are all a certain category or theme...that way folks good use their really good pics from years past as well.

throwing another idea out there...could also do a contest where pics are all a certain category or theme...that way folks good use their really good pics from years past as well.

I think that's a great idea also, but with the "trail cam paranoia" we've had the past 10 years I'm not sure how many would participate? I even offered to post anonymous pics and only 1 or 2 took me up on offer?

I think that's a great idea also, but with the "trail cam paranoia" we've had the past 10 years I'm not sure how many would participate? I even offered to post anonymous pics and only 1 or 2 took me up on offer?
I think most would warm up to the idea eventually when they see others participating. I could care less if someone sees a picture of a giant i was hunting 3 years ago or whatever if the deer is dead. And shoot, I don't care who sees the current deer I'm after...granted that may change if I find a 230 incher roaming around somewhere...but It's Iowa folks...there are big deer all over. Not all great trail camera pictures are of deer anyway....that's the fun stuff in my opinion...all the other random critters.

I think it would work, especially when not all are deer. Categories: Turkey, Coyote, Birds of prey, Bobcat, Funny, Scenic, etc.

Nice pics DGorman! I especially like the mergansers in the snow. Back when I used to duck hunt a lot, we called them "meganeezers". :) Primarily because one of my hunting buddies could not correctly pronounce merganser. :)

Nice pics DGorman! I especially like the mergansers in the snow. Back when I used to duck hunt a lot, we called them "meganeezers". :) Primarily because one of my hunting buddies could not correctly pronounce merganser. :)
Last year I had a couple pics of them but this year they're hanging out more. Hopefully they stick around. This camera takes 3 pics followed by a 15 second video each trigger so you'll be watching a clip of woodies and that merganser will pop out of the water in the background. They're fun to watch.

Last year I had a couple pics of them but this year they're hanging out more. Hopefully they stick around. This camera takes 3 pics followed by a 15 second video each trigger so you'll be watching a clip of woodies and that merganser will pop out of the water in the background. They're fun to watch.

85f239787147b28ea5aca0d913c92feb.jpg
bc9f7ae512e3ee7b0c634126e10fc030.jpg
e21092c64b068faa0d062ae0b1b4a46b.jpg

Here are 3 to test my new Tapatalk app. It's pretty cool when the Ringbills are here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom