Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

GRIZZLY coolers - Iowa company & didn’t turn back on NRA!

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
fyi- ya, I’m late to the game here. I’m honestly not even posting because they are a sponsor. I’m posting this because it’s the right thing to do & I want to support Iowa businesses who sit on freedom’s side of issues. While another company slammed the door in the NRA’s face (in my mind spitting in face of the 2nd amendment with that loud & public change)- it makes decisions between products very easy. If u do buy one and face the choice: why not support the Iowa company that didn’t slam their door in our faces. I am getting nothing out of this post except making the point of putting our support in the right places. Stick with a local IOWA company that Sides with outdoorsman & 2nd amendment.

https://www.grizzlycoolers.com/

Not at all happy with what the other company did, but some of their products are manufactured in Western Iowa.

Here’s maybe a “middle ground” link to what happened....

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/yeti-nra-business-ties/

The company is no doubt doing “political spin”, damage control & using legal twist to justify it. Like many companies do when “something happens” or damage control is called in. Reading more from NRA’s position (not above) - I personally see through the smoke & mirrors of what they try and spin as truth. But- wanted to at least post up some basic 2 sided response to it above. Of course anyone can dig for better info. NRA’s position is far from the company’s well crafted political spin & excuses. But- folks can assess for themselves & encourage anyone to read up so you can make a more informed decision for themselves.

Last edited:
Without doing the online research on coolers, how are the Grizzly coolers (price and satisfaction)...

Might be time to order.

My spin on this, my Wal-Mart cooler keeps my beer just as cold for a weekend trip. If you need a week to drink all your beers you'e doing it wrong

I have 4 grizzly coolers, and 4 grizzly travel mugs... I have loved mine (and was in a need).... Compared to my walmart cooler, The grizzly holds ice longer...am I 100% sold on them, no... the first direction to help keep ice is to "Use cool items and ice it a day before use"... but doing everything the same with both style coolers, my Grizzly does out perform the walmart ones, and outperformed my bro in laws Yeti...

Yeti had the right to do whatever they please. I have the right to never purchase one because of thier gutless move. They can spin it any way they like. Damage is done as far as I am concerned.

Ordered a Pelican thinking it was the Iowa company several years ago, talked it up to my buddy and he’s never let me forget I screwed that up. Duh!

Not sure why company’s pick sides on these things anyway. They’re selling a product to make money and the more they sell the more they make right so why alienate anyone by being political. IE: Dicks

Ordered a Pelican thinking it was the Iowa company several years ago, talked it up to my buddy and he’s never let me forget I screwed that up. Duh!

Not sure why company’s pick sides on these things anyway. They’re selling a product to make money and the more they sell the more they make right so why alienate anyone by being political. IE: Dicks

Especially when you are trying to sell to outdoorsman!

Last edited:
Without doing the online research on coolers, how are the Grizzly coolers (price and satisfaction)...

Might be time to order.

Grizzly's price dropped considerably last year. They mainly sell direct now so they were able to do this. Great coolers. Great people and big outdoorsmen. I'm 15 minutes from them so I was able to still stock them (no shipping) and make a profit.

Grizzly makes a great cooler - we sell them too but have to make sure and only order in large batches to get the shipping costs down.

Top Bottom