Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

RESPOND NOW!!!! Suggestions from any hunter!!!

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
hurry!!! :). I help out on Midwest Whitetail & do segments on any topic. More on habitat but can be ANYTHING! Tactics on mature bucks- sky is the limit. Anything period u can dream up- what would u dream up for a segment??? Need some requests & help & want to cover things that will HELP people. What u all think be ideas now & in future for anything Whitetails? Out of the box- anything!!!!

Skip, I think you could do a season long series on the Dbltree rotation. For real. Although this subject has been well covered in print, I don't think I have ever seen any video representation of it. I also like the "overhead" views and big picture property architecture stuff.

underground tunnel construction to trees stands. yup. Build some of those and show the process. Maybe zip lines too. You said outside the box..... ;)
We r working on either one giant drone or a bunch of small drones u tie onto & flies u into ur treestand. Really helps with entrances and exits.

I know I've watched a couple times on Bill's show where he has shown entrance and exit routes, but would like to see more. Or entrance and exits to different set ups, or your own set ups. How he uses the wind, terrain, how to not bump deer etc. That is probably my biggest concern when I hunt is trying to get in and out and I'm always thinking there has to be a better way. Aerial map and then maybe actual video of going in and out and the conditions.

It always amazes me watching Bill hunt when they show him walking in to his stand in the morning shortly after shooting light. It just seems so backwards. And he often times gets down and goes back to the office etc. (obviously in daylight).

Maybe I am just paranoid, but I honestly don't like walking in or out in daylight. I pretty do mostly all day sits, dark to dark, and wait until November to start hunting.

I would like to see more segments on optimizing smaller properties ! 80 acres 40 acres ? Utilizing every acre to its fullest potential. Ie. Keeping big portion a sanctuary. Food plots . stand access . water holes . apple trees . scrape trees . nwsg !! ect ect. all placed in perfect position to make your stands better. I see farms getting divided more and more. And land prices are always increasing so more smaller farms . are financially feasable for average families ! Just my 2cents !

Scouting during season. What to look for (rublines, scrapes interior vs exterior) and what these are telling you. I actually saw Stan Potts do this on Dominat bucks and it was one of the more informative pieces I have seen. Would be interesting to get others take it

I would like to see more segments on optimizing smaller properties ! 80 acres 40 acres ? Utilizing every acre to its fullest potential. Ie. Keeping big portion a sanctuary. Food plots . stand access . water holes . apple trees . scrape trees . nwsg !! ect ect. all placed in perfect position to make your stands better. I see farms getting divided more and more. And land prices are always increasing so more smaller farms . are financially feasable for average families ! Just my 2cents !

Yes, I agree, would like to see more on smaller parcels of land. I have permission on smaller properties. 10 to 60 acres in size. Often times the stuff he shows or really most shows I have noticed are often several hundred acre pieces. I don't know any hard numbers, but I would bet there are so few people that own, lease, or have permission on a parcel of that size is a very small percentage of hunters. Often times I understand what they are talking about etc, but it is not very relatable to me, and I am sure, most hunters. I often times get frustrated watching those shows are like the Drurys etc trying to explain things that are just not even realistic to the majority of hunters.

I always like food plot portions of any show, but would like to see more "average guy" type stuff...not all of us have tractors, we use smaller equipment. I really like the idea of the full year of dbltree rotation although i think the show is sponsored by a seed company. But all of us here know that we dont need to and im sure of us dont buy the buck on the bag type seed. But show it from start to finish, soil test on through....and if no soil test, why you put down this certain amount of fertilizer, etc. Setup of different types of farms, some of us hunt all timber, or open type farms, or half and half...

How about food plotting 101 (similar to the Double Tree post getting started)? Tractors, implements, herbicides, food plot plants/planting options, etc? Pros and cons of types/set ups.

Info on deer communication and how too's. When and how to use your calls and/or decoys. Not just surfacey grunting, get some body into it with regards to the many different vocalizations that deer use. The deer society has some great info on this, but seeing it from another perspective would be great as well.

Bigbuckhunter88 called me and said he was having trouble logging into the site and had a request. Wants a segment on how to walk from truck to treestand and then get into the stand while wearing a heater body suit.

As for me, in season scouting would be helpful. I'm too scared to go onto the property to even know how to scout it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bigbuckhunter88 called me and said he was having trouble logging into the site and had a request. Wants a segment on how to walk from truck to treestand and then get into the stand while wearing a heater body suit.

As for me, in season scouting would be helpful. I'm too scared to go onto the property to even know how to scout it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I tried my best to talk him into getting Sitka Gear at the IBA Banquet...... he had nothing to do with it:D

Reactions: arm
Arm wants a segment on what is the best way to prepare a tag sammich? Especially if you have 2 or 3 anysex tags involved.
But on a serious note in season scouting, I know in the past Winke has only been a "pile of corn in the summer and fall" trail camera guy, but Skip, Jared, Mike and others could go over places or certain things you have found effective to pick up and continue to monitor bucks throughout the year.

New potential land owners, what to look for on and around surrounding farms before making the purchase . That would help me out alot!

Don’t need a segment on that. It’s simple... meet every neighbor that is within 1 mile of your potential property border. Do that first. Then if you’re still interested start to break down the lay of the land and compare it to how other properties around yours setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom