Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2018 Farm Bill

I’ve argued with many on this, I could be wrong?

So many prime counties in MN/Iowa are literally under water. Three of the best corn growing counties in Minnesota (had 7 inches of rain) 18 inches in 8 days ... it has to take a toll on the harvest?
I think it does. But- so many areas around country not over watered or flooded. Massive drought seems to hit more area & do more damage than more regional floods, imo. Even in flood areas- if guys have elevated ground, can sometimes avoid. Drought bigger production killer than floods & too much rain imo coupled with how droughts are so wide spread often times.

I'm not a commercial ag farmer, but I talk to lots of people about things and read a ton. Crop prices under a lot of pressure for several reasons.... My take: 1. CRP acres dropped as mentioned. 2. crop technology has outpaced demand.... last year drought was terrible... basically didn't rain for nearly 3 months and a my neighbor STILL hit 200 bushel corn on his bottom. That's insane. 3. South America has brought a lot of acres online and can double crop. (ie Brazil has DOUBLED soybean production since 2008).

Bowhunter all reasons above are correct but the reason for the tailspin in the last 30
days is foreign trade and tariffs.

I think it does. But- so many areas around country not over watered or flooded. Massive drought seems to hit more area & do more damage than more regional floods, imo. Even in flood areas- if guys have elevated ground, can sometimes avoid. Drought bigger production killer than floods & too much rain imo coupled with how droughts are so wide spread often times.

It’s not enough to move the needle much.., if we do get a trade deal ... I think we’d see beans jump a lot

0eeafe5862d533ec8843c3a8e2642b19.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 30 year CRP is the CLEAR program Sligh mentions a few posts up. Go to the Pheasant Forever website, visit the Newsroom link up top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not 100% sure but the 30 CRP you are referring to may be a grassland reserve program that has been in past bills in some fashion.

The farm bill is signed it adds more acres, some additional options, sounds like bonus payments and cost share will be reduced. Probably the end of large CRP fields, as 40% cost share may not entice landowners to pay 60% of the cost of the prep and seed.

The only problem with this Formula is CRP must compete with cash rent, or only a few sportsman will sign up.

Who will ever sign up in high cash rent counties??

If we lose the big fields in ND, SD, MN, Iowa, Neb Texas etc...it will never hit the max acres.

Top Bottom