Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rut/Hunting Report Thread 2018

Ishi

PMA Member
The title is self explanatory post your hunting reports here. Photos, deer movement, trail cam pics, harvest pics and anything whitetails
Get involved and post cause myself and other members would love to hear and read about your hunts!
Even BS stories allowed ( Wapsi Tree will be all over this)
Awesome October cold front going on now.
Good luck and hunt safe:)

Last edited:
Not hunting, but seen a lot of deer with the feed bags on last night and this morning to and from work with this cold front.

Saw 6 different deer bedded in the east road ditch of a north south road. Had to run and get my wife from the airport, and they were there when I left at 9:30 and still there around 11 when we came back. I assume they were just bedded there to stay out of the wind, but thought it odd with all the other options available.

Came across this series of pictures on my trail cam from October 2nd and thought it was interesting. Looks like your classic, "buck chasing a doe during the rut picture." He was definitely interested in something. I've had decent mature buck daylight movement with all these cold fronts and deer movement in general has been good.
f0d1ebdc2610019b06d6401339d05515.jpg
1652766171735befb2f7bbd3cb4d796b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Old bucks MIA on me except a few cold fronts & they been scraping and bumping younger bucks off to tell em to take a hike. ;).
**Here’s tip I’d give someone that has worked on mature bucks. Worked last week as a matter of fact until coyotes blew field up.... bring a loud grunt tube. If u need to pull buck in.... if he’s making scrapes or acting like he’s asserting his dominance- fire 1 grunt at him. Maybe 2 to get him coming if interested. Just so they have curiousity that another buck in THEIR TURF. it’s worked well many years in October & almost worked last week again. Darn! ;).
Good luck guys!!!!!!! Sure hope picks up on u better than I’ve seen so far. I sure hope I just find some missing mature ones I know have to be around.

**Here’s tip I’d give someone that has worked on mature bucks. Worked last week as a matter of fact until coyotes blew field up.... bring a loud grunt tube. If u need to pull buck in.... if he’s making scrapes or acting like he’s asserting his dominance- fire 1 grunt at him. Maybe 2 to get him coming if interested. Just so they have curiousity that another buck in THEIR TURF. it’s worked well many years in October & almost worked last week again. Darn! ;).

I did a somewhat unplanned hunt last Thursday. I was at work and decided to head out early. In my haste to get in an existing ladder stand, I didn't spend the time to find my grunt tube, BIG MISTAKE! I had a bunch of bucks around me. I thought about mouth grunting to bring the bigger buck closer, but I haven't practiced so was afraid I'd sound like a dying tree frog being stepped on. He worked a scrape/licking branch in a fence line, plan on being in a tree along that fence this afternoon.

Top Bottom