Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Views from the stand 2018-19

It’s serious time when the Tidy Cat bucket comes out
b08f55593c2015b157ffa596cb0a862d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do we need to start a collection for a new chair?!?! I’ll throw in the first 10$

Nice! Be smarter than I was...take lots of pictures now and then have them compare against later, after you have had a chance to improve the habitat.

Taking tons of pics. Some because i like looking later, but some so I can see changes. Going to be a fun journey.

Had about 8 does wander through. No response to grunts by bucks. Had my numero hit lister walk across the gravel on the way home across the middle river with two does casually. Nobody running for their lives yet.
61fb3a8de553af8b5fdf5968c4e9e95c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Taking tons of pics. Some because i like looking later, but some so I can see changes. Going to be a fun journey.

Also, save off aerial photos over the years for comparison. It is a blast to see and even shoot a deer in an area that you improved/created. Congrats!

Do we need to start a collection for a new chair?!?! I’ll throw in the first 10$

88dfeed92a5fb134cad99046136323d5.jpg

This chair is rodent and rust proof. I would have dug a pit if I had more time. It’s fun being so close. I could have shot every deer that came out. With a little wind you are invisible in the corn

Above a pond at my place the other night. I really like spots like this as the pond is an attractive location for wildlife and it creates a natural pinch point as critters have to go around it.
729c8a9660fda624d94d34ad17bf08aa.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Above a pond at my place the other night. I really like spots like this as the pond is an attractive location for wildlife and it creates a natural pinch point as critters have to go around it.
729c8a9660fda624d94d34ad17bf08aa.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if you have fish in that or how big it is, but I've wondered if you fished in that occasionally during the summer and stayed out after September 1, would it have an effect on deer? I'd like to put about a quarter acre pond in, but it's near where deer like to hang out and I don't want to ruin the hunting.

I'm not sure if you have fish in that or how big it is, but I've wondered if you fished in that occasionally during the summer and stayed out after September 1, would it have an effect on deer? I'd like to put about a quarter acre pond in, but it's near where deer like to hang out and I don't want to ruin the hunting.
I think there are large variables and ones individual goals. For me personally, I try to keep out of that area so I would not fish it. Now, I have a pond at home that I stocked this fall and will fish that whenever we want when the fish grow up. That pond is in the middle of timber, but it is more of a fun property... not trying have a sanctuary persay. So, again... depends on what you want to do. As far as affecting deer... if they bed close to it... yeah I think the more you go in and out the more risk of not having a mature buck there. If you just want deer.... probably doesn't matter much.

Sitting this morning in the middle of the timber. Very cam but wind is right. Not a deer yet. Really would love to see something. Lots of cars slowly rolling down the roads. Must be pheasant hunters.

2bad4e0ff1888d0a8889c262e4dd49be.jpg

Finally had some deer come past. New property, so I’m learning the movement patterns. Put an arrow through a doe 5 minutes before this button came through and hung around for a bit. No antler sightings yet.

Top Bottom