Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting The Rut My Way

Congrats! Sounds like it will be a fun read.

Sounds like your way is the effecient way. What will you do until Thanksgiving?

Last edited:
World's shortest yearly journal.
Not so quick muddy:)
I’ll be going to the farm to help my buddy anyway I can so he can hunt.
I’ll be there October 31- November 3 and November 8-10.
I’m still going to sit and witness the rut. I have a couple doe tags but I don’t need anymore meat. I’ll be taking the Tactacam to capture some footage and hopefully be able to post some plus reports on what we are seeing. Good luck everyone

I shot this short video of a up and comer before the Four Draw Buck came in.

Hopefully I can have more to post after the next three days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This morning only yields 6 does for my self. My buddy seen one small buck and another friend of his that hunts there shot a doe early.
Late morning till 3:30 we were working 58 head of cattle but with extra hands we got them all taken care of so my buddy was able to hunt tonight which was the goal for coming back for three day.
They hung a ladder stand were I shot ol Four Draw Saturday night and he’s there now. All three of were scurrying fast after working so we could get to the stands.
I drove around the section to sit in the food plot stand and when I got out of the truck something wasn’t right....... left my harness at the house... all the way back and back out. I’m not use to this way as my system is different. Hopefully him and his wife can drop one tonight.
Views this morning.
c96e0f731c7a25ee37b068a3e2d4ec8b.jpg

ef0e2657c5cf86782df14882e200cea2.jpg

Thursday morning after finding my arrow I started clearing the farm of unwanted items. With a sharp knife four were cleaned up with more to go.
After that I did some scouting on the new piece and found a tremendous rub line littered with rubs. In the afternoon I hunted a stand on the old piece and the rub line was also on the old piece following the fence. These were part of the rub line.
de48034d6394275ec230436d6e297b61.jpg

3b05025748a3802c35088f4d0518a46c.jpg

7b1af616f1e92e6b84f25fd1fce96059.jpg

The evening hunt only produced 7 does. My buddy took the decoy to his mother in-laws farm which is more open. He had a couple 130s check out the decoy but a heavy and tight buck with junk wouldn’t come in.
After the hunt he said his wife’s grandson and friend wanted to hunt Friday morning ( they helped work cattle Wednesday and needed a favor )
This will make for a interesting next post

^^^^
The boat isn’t big enough for everyone :rolleyes::D
Go to my second post in this thread it should make sense...... okay I’ll help.... treestands.. Wapsi knew

Top Bottom