Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need new cams

muddy

Long story short, 4 of my cams died this week. The others are doing OK but I'm in the market to buy a pile of cams. Been scouring the forum for input but making a post anyway.

Any other trail cam specific forums for in depth reviews?

Looking at Moultires, Brownings, or Bbushnells (maybe the Muddy20) so need immediate input on what you have running that works. I am using them 90% of the time on scrapes or summer corn piles so trigger speed isnt a HUGE deal as much as ACTUALLY TAKING PICS OF DEER QHEN THEY'RE IN FRONT OF THE CAM.

Keeping in mind trigger distance, IR distance, etc.

I've been relying on my Bushnell's for 10+ years and have no issues, great battery life. One is infrared and one no-glow black. I would only go with a no-glow cameras, had a huge 8 step in front of the infrared the other night and he freaked, had it on video, regardless he did not like it and more than likely will avoid that location in the future. I hear a lot of good things about the Browning's but never tried one.

Also, where you buying them for best deals and returns? I usually get things from local Scheels because their return policy is the best I've ever dealt with.

My best cameras are my Browning’s. Some of my best deals came from overstock and amazon. My junk ones go on public for good reason
5380afd01696ed0744e71dff4089c583.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People can say what they want, but I have 24 Cudde E2 out, and have NEVER had one fail. I have ruined 4 by creeks flooding, etc, but never had a single issue with one otherwise. Some have been out for 5 or 6 years. I had 8 Brownings, two different models, got rid of every single one of them for good reason.

Spypoint had the best trigger speed I’ve seen.

Spypoint Solar is my favorite. Reliable and great daytime pics. Some night pics are blurry

The last model of Bushnell's didn't last that well for me. Coverts have been some of the best I've bought, yet some years the new model doesn't measure up. I have a really cheap Browning and one higher model, not a big fan of them. The cheap one the pic quality is bad, the other Browning I've had side by side with a Covert and it misses lots of pics. Picked up a couple Moultrie i somethings (can't keep track of all these companies and model names) that one works great, the other doesn't trigger well.

I was gifted a couple of cameras bought off Amazon, one looked like this. One runs on microSD cards, which are a pain, too small for these fat fingers and then you need a reader card. I just looked at an image from one of them and it stamped distianert on the photo. This camera has great range, but missed some pics and started throwing random dates on the pics. When looking for one of the cameras on-line a month ago, I found a China factory offering them by the 1,000 at around $35 each. They offered to sell a test model for something like $60. Here is the Trailcam Pro review for one of their models.

I think many cameras are made in a couple of factories in China, the guts are basically the same, outside shell is changed and different companies names slapped on them.

I usually read up on cameras at Trailcam Pro.

Seems to be a real crap shoot on what brand/year model is going to work good and have decent life expectancy.

Good luck.

I’ve got about 5 or so of the 16mp bushnell trophy cams and they have been great. Had some of the older ones around 2 years out pretty much 365 haven’t had one go bad and pics are pretty good. Bought all of them on amazon can usually get them on specials around 80$!

I’ve got about 5 or so of the 16mp bushnell trophy cams and they have been great. Had some of the older ones around 2 years out pretty much 365 haven’t had one go bad and pics are pretty good. Bought all of them on amazon can usually get them on specials around 80$!

Do you know model numbers?

Things must have changed because the spyppint I have is JUNK
I have (4) and no issues. Trail Cam Pro gives them a pretty high score. They always have the most pics of deer on camera, lots of far away pics and fast. The blurry night pics can be annoying, but I mainly use them in areas to determine daytime activity.

I have (4) and no issues. Trail Cam Pro gives them a pretty high score. They always have the most pics of deer on camera, lots of far away pics and fast. The blurry night pics can be annoying, but I mainly use them in areas to determine daytime activity.

I haven't looked at them but if I remember right they're spendy

One lesson I’ve learned... IR has consistently been better than “black out”. Picture quality, range & maybe even failure. Any of em I’ve run - I get some blurry night pics but I’m totally fine with that as the downside to give up. (VS flash cam which I just personally think spooks deer).

I like Bushnell as well!

Do you know model numbers?

The last ones I have bought are these. I have 2 older ones and I believe they are the trophy cam essential 2 and theses replaced them. They have been good to me!
83fa23a8310a59459d5dcf45cd5149df.jpg

61bbb510c5e1d31074374f24c9f95fcc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Browning strike force elite HD pro for $160 is the best camera I have. I had/have cuddeback, reconyx, Bushnell, Moultrie, spypoint, you pretty much name it and these are the best. 6 AA lithium's last pretty close to an entire season and they take great pictures.

I'm switching out from reconyx to bushnell aggressor 119876c no glow. I've picked them for $105 on Amazon. Just have to be patient and watch. Also if others haven't played around with the cameras they take better video at night than the usual blurred pics.

Been running Browning for about 8 years. Only problem I’ve ever had was the door latch cracked on one cam. Other than that, no problems. Just got a couple new ones this year and love the Browning Strike Force Pro XD. Excellent cam all around. Fantastic battery life. Picked them up at B&H while on sale for $178.

My vote is the regular Browning Strike Force. Mine have outlasted many other cams. Can find them for 99 on Amazon and other places on sale from time to time

Browning Strike Force, Recon Force, or Dark Ops. All great choices. My next one will be the Strike Force Pro. More coin then the regular Strike Force, but great reviews, and I am totally behind the Browning cams and trust this choice would be a good one.

Top Bottom