Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cold

loneranger

Gona be cool next week in Iowa. But could be worse. In Minneapolis they expect up to 9 in of snow. Before some of the coldest air in 20 yrs. nights of 20 to 30 below. With daytime highs of 10 to I5 below. Definate wildlife stress up there.

We are predicted to get 6-8 inches of snow and wind chills Wednesday are around -60 below with normal temp high of -18 predicted. That’s NE Iowa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad the snow is up your way . Weve had enough down here. Aint like the Winters of recent. Where we get a little snow and cold followed by a large thaw. A Winter like the good ole days finally came. Deer are hunkered down and burnin fat. With mostly crop land deer in many areas don’t have the natural forage as found in more forested States. Still that sun is climbing in the sky. I warmth is coming. Not fair. The Rockies west are mild.

I have solders coming in for training starting today, two from California, one from Florida and one from Puerto Rico. They are going to be hating life this week. :D:D

I saw an article this morning about the extreme cold and the killing off of the emerald ash bore larve. So hopefully something good can come out of this cold snap.

I'm getting on a plane at about noon on Wednesday headed for Florida. I'm not feeling too bad about the cold coming in:D

Wind chills of near 60 below in N Iowa expected! Ive Seen cold like this but not with wind. Definitely there will be some Winter kill on plants and exposed trees. Some bird death and I suspect deer will hunker down. Relief next wk end. 40s. Not fair though again. Mild in the Rockies.

I saw an article this morning about the extreme cold and the killing off of the emerald ash bore larve. So hopefully something good can come out of this cold snap.
Unfortunately not the case. Some may die but overall its not going to help the situation much.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wonder if it's the same article I saw that was from 2014? Those things are here to stay and the damage is done.

Wonder if it's the same article I saw that was from 2014? Those things are here to stay and the damage is done.
We treat trees and have real good luck. Problem is it's just good for two years at a time and isn't terrible but isn't cheap. If it's a tree that has real value for shade or something it can pay for itself. Trees in my yard are beyond saving already.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom