Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Advice on tower height for redneck....

Rous14

PMA Member
Hi guys, new to the site and first post. I’m finally going to breakdown and spend the money on a redneck fiberglass blind. I’ve bought the blind and now I’m trying to determine whether the 10’ tower is fine or if I should spend the extra $ for the 15’? I’ll bow and gun hunt out of it and I’ve got a small food plot that I’m planning to set it up on (1/2 ac approx).
Thoughts/advice?

10 foot is all you need.

Thanks chipterp. Kinda the way I was leaning too. I’ve not done much hunting out of a box blind, I’ve always been 20’ up in a portable or ladder stand and so it’s hard for me to not think of 10’ as too low and I worry about getting away with movement.
Thanks for the input.

If it’s the 360 blind we paint the bottom part of the vertical windows black . With all those windows they catch movement

I have one at 12 and 1 at 10, though my next will only be 6' for ease of moving. Mine are on wooden, stick built platforms. My new 6' will have fork pockets build into it for moving with loader on tractor.

we have both 10 ft and a 15 ft...I definitely prefer the 10 ft...now in a treestand, well I want higher...but something about the blind, you get too high and its no good

The problem I found with anything higher than 10 ft is the shot angle out of the side windows. It really takes away quite a few shot opportunities. I since have switched to shadow hunter octagon with all archer windows. I build mine on wooden platforms at 6ft wit 4x4x12 skids on the bottom. The skids make them easy to move with just an atv.

The problem I found with anything higher than 10 ft is the shot angle out of the side windows. It really takes away quite a few shot opportunities. I since have switched to shadow hunter octagon with all archer windows. I build mine on wooden platforms at 6ft wit 4x4x12 skids on the bottom. The skids make them easy to move with just an atv.
Here are a couple of pics how I do mine and then use an earth anchor underneath to strap them down.
6cac12c17a16f563682427bd2d2afc0f.jpg
c6473b7bd0bcc8709b91ebeef250ce37.jpg
901be030626c6510521f773404efd801.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I was thinking about building one for bow hunting. I don't have much ground so the stands are basically on top of the plot. I'm pretty selective on what I shoot and at times there are "so many eyes" that I don't think I could pull my bow back without being spotted.
What size windows would you guys recommend? Thanks.

I was thinking about building one for bow hunting. I don't have much ground so the stands are basically on top of the plot. I'm pretty selective on what I shoot and at times there are "so many eyes" that I don't think I could pull my bow back without being spotted.
What size windows would you guys recommend? Thanks.

I would get something vertical 36-48” tall and 8-10”. Deerview windows or you can also buy tempered glass windows/hinges straight from redneck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom