Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Using cellphone to display license and tags HF300

As long as the licenses couldn't be duplicated surreptitiously so as to lead to lower revenue to the DNR...I think this would awesome.

What if the battery on your mobile device dies and the CO wants to see your license?

Even for a technotard like me I think it is a good idea. There are already hunters who kill a deer or turkey then go to town and buy a tag. This will same them a trip.

Would be convenient for the license, especially if you don't buy all your tags at the same time. The last paragraph says a physical tag is still required for deer and turkey

What if the battery on your mobile device dies and the CO wants to see your license?

Even for a technotard like me I think it is a good idea. There are already hunters who kill a deer or turkey then go to town and buy a tag. This will same them a trip.

Get a phone charger to carry with you. They also make a charger that doubles as a hand warmer. They also could make available to print your tag at home. Even on your phone tag you have to cancel it when you get a animal. And when you get a phone tag you don't have to wait in line while the lotto crowd scratch off their tickets on the counter. Just like getting a tag in town the DNR officer knows what time you bought it and when you checked it in.

I’ve been taking cell phone pics of my license for the last couple of years, just in case I forget the real thing, I’d have something to show the CO. Would it prevent a ticket? Maybe, better than having nothing to show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've been able to present your license with a phone for several years already. If your license was purchased online you could screenshot the pdf it creates. It states that purchasing online serves as a "digital signature".

It sounds like this bill is an expansion into even more online/phone capabilities. Sounds like a great move.

we saved our email transaction from licenses...showed a DNR officer, he said smart idea and no ticket for not having the actual license on me (was in my other backpack and forgot to transfer it)

(was in my other backpack and forgot to transfer it)

This is why I'm all for it. I may not always remember to transfer my licenses from deer pack to turkey pack to tackle box but I always carry my cell phone and an extra battery thingy. Now if I'd just remember to bring the USB cable.....

Hey TR, I hear there is a company that is making a smart flip phone. There maybe hope for you yet. I'm still waiting for you to show me where in the unabridged Book Of Rules For Men it says that real men only carry phones with hinges.

I'm all for this or a reloaded "credit card" lisc. Get away from the paper lisc. Suck a pain if you don't buy all your lisc at one time and have multiple lisc in your wallet

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

A subcommittee has been assigned. This seems to be a popular bill with all who have posted so I'll forgo the list.

As it turns out the DNR was going to do this anyway. They had planned to roll it out this spring. If you don't already know the DNR contracts out the electronic licensing and I believe the new company was going to take over soon. Now that it may be in code (law) that the DNR has to do this any future contracts must include provisions for displaying on cell phones.

On another side note, I believe any of us who have certain DNR pages saved as favorites, doe tags left, deer harvest etc etc, will need to change to the new company. I'm not sure what they will be but now it is jc.activeoutdoorsolutions.com. When I find out I'll pass it on.

Would be convenient for the license, especially if you don't buy all your tags at the same time. The last paragraph says a physical tag is still required for deer and turkey

Would be nice if there was a way to have deer and turkey tags electronically also, otherwise I'm still going t o have to carry a pocketful of tags.

Top Bottom