Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Making deer tags good for any season, or how to get more than one buck tag HF218

I emailed the Joe Mitchell guy even though he's not my representative and surprisingly he has emailed back and forth with me and answered all my questions. Basically he's against the DNR.

"I sincerely will consider what you have said. Relating to the DNR I have heard horrific stories of blatant over reaches of power from confiscating people’s rifles to threatening to take vehicles. They have messed with fish populations in Odessa which has ruined the once popular fishing spot. It’s not hard to hear about a bad DNR story from someone. Take this as you will."

As far as this bill, he believes they are trying to grab money by not allowing tags to be carried over. I told him I was fine with hours/weeks/months worth of fun for $28.50 and that golf courses are littered with people paying $40 for a morning.

This guy must be buddies with the guy that got caught poaching the buck in Taylor county? Emails sent.

also emails sent, i hope this little pissant gets lost. people who have no idea how our conservation system works and believe people are being robbed of $28 are a disgrace.. The DNR has a completely thankless job and they somehow manage fairly well to provide public access and species management. Maybe people shouldn't poach and they wouldn't have to worry about the repercussions. The more i read that response the more it steams me

I would like to see landowner tags go to a system like this. I think you should be able to hunt your own land until you fill your tag.

Just curious, if they passed a law that made tags good for all seasons but it also eliminated party hunting and each hunter was only allowed to fill their own tag would you support it?

Party hunting will end when Iowa opens rifle season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly, which is BS. I want to be able to fill tags for everyone I know with my new rifle. Especially if everyone can get tags good for all seasons. A solid 3 week rifle season block, which will probably be moved up a month to the first 3 weeks in Novemeber. Better start saving up to expand the trophy room

Why do you think it will end then? It will just be the same party hunters with more powerful weapons.

I believe it will be the compromise. End shotgun party hunting, add rifle season.

I believe it will be the compromise. End shotgun party hunting, add rifle season.

Party hunting is just the ability to fill each others tags... Even if there was no party hunting it wouldnt necessarily eliminate drive/push style hunting

Party hunting is just the ability to fill each others tags... Even if there was no party hunting it wouldnt necessarily eliminate drive/push style hunting

I understand that but when I hear ppl say they want to eliminate party hunting I get the impression that they are talking about deer drives more than sharing tags. Maybe I’m wrong but most time it gets mentioned here it’s all about how unethical party hunting is. Everybody is out shooting at running deer knocking legs off and such. Introduce rifles and there would be no need for deer drives. It would solve most ethics arguments and I believe most weekend warriors would be all for it. Not saying I want rifle season because I don’t but I could easily see it happening.

I understand that but when I hear ppl say they want to eliminate party hunting I get the impression that they are talking about deer drives more than sharing tags. Maybe I’m wrong but most time it gets mentioned here it’s all about how unethical party hunting is. Everybody is out shooting at running deer knocking legs off and such. Introduce rifles and there would be no need for deer drives. It would solve most ethics arguments and I believe most weekend warriors would be all for it. Not saying I want rifle season because I don’t but I could easily see it happening.

I dont see how they could actually eliminate drive hunting, it would be an enforcement nightmare... I mean why dont you drop us off and well go "sit" for 15 min then all get up and walk back to the trucks parked at the other end of the section where everyone else is waiting for us... Or we were just still hunting or any other excuse you can think of. There are just way too many people that really on that to fill their tags and have their entire lives it would take years and years of it being illegal before it even actually slowed down let alone went away

Keep in mind that party hunting allows hunters to continue hunting even after their tag is filled. If a group of 20 fills 19 tags the whole group can still continue hunting as long as there is an unfilled tag in the grouo.

If you eliminate party hunting it will no longer be legal to be in the field hunting without an unfilled tag in your own name in your possession. As tags are filled groups will shrink in size and obviously the size and number of deer drives will also.

Top Bottom