Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Considering Move to Eastern Iowa

Haha check out the lack of landscaping at our house! There’s only 40 homes in this little 20 year old subdivision and all of them are beautifully landscaped except ours. We are gonna hit it off with the neighbors just fine, as we will move in just as spring planting can be done. Will have it up to snuff in no time. I’ll even do some tree seedlings at the rear yard property lines. Got over a half acre.

I know your focus is on Eastern Iowa but have you ever looked into Southwest Wisconsin? A lot of very nice little towns that provide great hunting and prices are far cheaper then any other part of the state aside from Northern Wisconsin.

I know your focus is on Eastern Iowa but have you ever looked into Southwest Wisconsin? A lot of very nice little towns that provide great hunting and prices are far cheaper then any other part of the state aside from Northern Wisconsin.

I've heard far too many bad stories about overcrowding on WI public. I love the cheap turkey hunting there on leftover tags, but all the toms are very heavily pressured and run like hell from blinds/dekes so that's another indicator. Love Iowa for no guns in November & real nonresident tag quotas. Very limited competition.

Illinois & Kansas public used to be just as good as Iowa until their politicians started managing the deer. Awesome to raise NR quotas to however many NR's applied the previous year, but still call it a quota. They can have their cake and eat it too, while lining their pockets with special interest group coin. Now it's crossguns for everyone in the 3 month archery season, for more coin. Sound like a plan? These days you never even read about Illinois public land any more. Because it's overcrowded garbage.

These same criminal politicians is why I have to leave the state. The result of the democrats buying state employee votes in exchange for instant pay & pension raises has broken the state cofers. Then they bring their poison to deer hunting. March 8th can't come soon enough. I already emailed my HR department to cut off IL state income tax withholding from my W-4's beginning then.

Last edited:
Cha Ching

Attachments

• 79394922-5294-47F7-BDA8-ECC848E109EE.jpeg
    79394922-5294-47F7-BDA8-ECC848E109EE.jpeg
    798.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 84F641F8-AFBB-437B-B6FB-58033B9387DE.jpeg
    84F641F8-AFBB-437B-B6FB-58033B9387DE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
Wow. Just got a curve ball. Had my USPS work area shift west for at least the next three years to include the entire state of Iowa! And none in Indiana. And they took away from me anything within city limits of Chicago & Milwaukee. But kept all suburbs. So got more driving but safer areas. This was totally unexpected. Had the same area for 12 years, finally bought a home in Indiana then two weeks later get assigned Iowa. Now may end up staying here in IN for two years for tax purposes then move to E Iowa. I will have two years to show the wife some towns out there and see if she finds some area she likes. Either way I’m happy to swap my ghettos for corn fields.

Attachments

• 2B7A8579-F797-40C0-8D89-05BA5BB33E7D.png
    2B7A8579-F797-40C0-8D89-05BA5BB33E7D.png
    933.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Top Bottom