Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer classic pics??? Can u all post em??

was a great weekend! Hands down the best part of the classic was Todd's benefit. Horrible situation and hate that it was needed but to see everyone come together including all of Todd's family- was a touching evening and puts things into perspective.

I havent but there have been Facebook fights all weekend with Dan Cole at the center. Talk of defamation/lies/deceit/butt hurt/ and maybe even tears...

The sheds are magnificent, but the mount of the sheds is severely lacking. I stole that pic off the Bowhunters of Iowa Facebook group because it made me laugh.
10c9a9e671aa519ea6dc4d5eed0a67ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I havent but there have been Facebook fights all weekend with Dan Cole at the center. Talk of defamation/lies/deceit/butt hurt/ and maybe even tears...

The sheds are magnificent, but the mount of the sheds is severely lacking. I stole that pic off the Bowhunters of Iowa Facebook group because it made me laugh.
10c9a9e671aa519ea6dc4d5eed0a67ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think the problem was Jay Fish tried to oversell how big the sheds were. He maintained the antlers on the mount above were mounted correctly...up until someone came up to him at the sow and showed him trail camera pictures of the deer wearing those antlers. It unraveled from there. Was a weird situation.

I think the problem was Jay Fish tried to oversell how big the sheds were. He maintained the antlers on the mount above were mounted correctly...up until someone came up to him at the sow and showed him trail camera pictures of the deer wearing those antlers. It unraveled from there. Was a weird situation.

Ahh I see. I don't see how a guy could honestly think that mount was remotely correct... guess it goes to show ya gotta do your homework before you unveil something like that. Lotta money down the tube to remount that thing properly.

Ahh I see. I don't see how a guy could honestly think that mount was remotely correct... guess it goes to show ya gotta do your homework before you unveil something like that. Lotta money down the tube to remount that thing properly.
So was mount removed? I don't remember seeing it.....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think their story was that that was the only full-body mount already available to show the antlers on, and due to the ears positioning, the antlers had to be set like that. Cole (the publicist) and Fish (the purchaser of the sheds) were telling people on fb that they knew the antlers were set wrong on the mount, but wrong because they were too narrow! They said when they get mounted right, they'll be like 1.5" wider. Lol

I think their story was that that was the only full-body mount already available to show the antlers on, and due to the ears positioning, the antlers had to be set like that. Cole (the publicist) and Fish (the purchaser of the sheds) were telling people on fb that they knew the antlers were set wrong on the mount, but wrong because they were too narrow! They said when they get mounted right, they'll be like 1.5" wider. Lol

Correct. From what I read they Cole was saying the spread is actually another 1 to 1.5 inches. It just doesn't look right with the spread like that on the mount and when people hold them how they say they were. You can't argue with those trail cams pics though, much more realistic. That deer was not as wide as what Cole etc were saying IMHO. I was talking to someone Sunday working the booth where they were at and he was still swearing by the fact of how wide they are. By the way, correct me if I'm wrong, but the mount was just to put the sheds on to show what it may have looked like. That mount was not made just for those sheds etc. it was just brought to display them at the classic. I'm glad they took them off because anyone could just pick them up and hold them. Pictures really do not do them justice, they are huge.

Yes, I'd agree with all that. I think their point was that the antlers could be set more realistic looking, but maybe turned outwards some to achieve the 30"+ inside spread. Who knows. Lots of "experts" chimed in saying they thought 27"ish would be about right. I wasn't there and haven't seen the antlers. One of the guys at the booth, Dan V., is a pretty knowledgeable citizen deer historian. He's kept a data-base going with all sorts of neat trivia, like ranking the world's biggest typicals by their gross score, or by their total beam length, for examples. He was very on board with the 30+ spread. Another interesting point is that a month ago or so, they set up to have the story of these sheds "leaked" on fb to help promote the article about to be released in NAW. Not sure what happened, but the wrong guy leaked the story and did it the wrong way on the wrong FB chat group, and Cole flipped out! Haha. Such a big buck soap opera. That was my take anyway. I could be wrong.

The bigger issue to me is why the left antler was able to be "officially" scored. It has been repaired. the G3 tine was broken when found. Tom Sexton repaired it.

They had the exact fitting broken piece of tine. It was just glued into place.

I don’t think that matters for scoring purposes. Sheer speculation until someone kills the deer with head gear unbroken. The mount looked bad, IMO.

you can enter repaired antlers if you have photo evidence of what it was prior- and I believe have X rays of the antlers or metal detected. Not uncommon

The Hanson buck discussion about how a main beam was almost shot in two lead me to think it would have prevented the record. Are broken beams different fro broken tones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom