Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Kill em all...

muddy

With fire and napalm. 2 from this morning's walk
d3b5e7029b5490e5011e32c7da3426be.jpg
32ef62b96491c7dd0c78bde633d68ae9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You need to think about getting into a tanning booth or something...just saying. :) :) I have often seen ticks in March, but usually not right after such a snow melt. Ugh!

I’m waiting the first skeeter sighting. Shouldn’t be long before all the blood suckers are out in full force.

Time to start devouring garlic and taking some vitamin B. ;)

You need to spray your clothing the day before you head out. Once applied it's good for two weeks without washing your clothes.
I had two different tick born illnesses at the same time. It's nasty.
Now I make dam sure I spray my clothing.

Keep an eye on any dogs you may own too, my son's dog got Lyme and it affected her pretty bad. Couldn't even stand up for a couple days until the meds kicked in and it reoccurred 5 weeks later, back to the vet and now she seems back to normal.

Blame bonker for killing all the possums

Only 25 last fall. Didn't even make my 300 inches of tail goal. I've got my cameras out to scout for the ones that made it though the winter so I can get my PI (possum inventory), make my hit list and estimate how many tail inches I'll get this fall. I've had a lot of WTK (winter tail kill) so far this year. Just like last fall my inches of tail will suffer.

Who am I kidding? If it's a possum it made my hit list.

This post is Pengy and Francie approved.

balls froze.jpg

Only 25 last fall. Didn't even make my 300 inches of tail goal. I've got my cameras out to scout for the ones that made it though the winter so I can get my PI (possum inventory), make my hit list and estimate how many tail inches I'll get this fall. I've had a lot of WTK (winter tail kill) so far this year. Just like last fall my inches of tail will suffer.

Who am I kidding? If it's a possum it made my hit list.

This post is Pengy and Francie approved.

View attachment 117939
That's an extra 125,000 ticks around this fall. Lucky for you and the cats

That's an extra 125,000 ticks around this fall. Lucky for you and the cats

Nothing happens in a vacuum, think of it as 125,000 more bits of food for turkeys.

Turkey eat tick, cat see turkey eat tick, cat stalk turkey, turkey kick cat butt because the turkey is full of Ma Nature's super food, the tick. Win-win, fewer cats, fewer possums, fewer ticks and more turkeys.

You guys are way behind the northeast in tick count. I bet it gets way worse. If 3 ticks bother you, your not gonna like 30 or more... How many years ago did you guys first notice deer ticks?

When I was a kid, we had no ticks here in NY. Then a few. Now it's millions. A lot of people I know have Lyme around here. I get my dogs vaccinated.

We had snow cover before the -25F weather. The snow protected/insulated them. Going to be a bad year is my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had snow cover before the -25F weather. The snow protected/insulated them. Going to be a bad year is my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know! Them damn possums burrowed in the snow and stayed toasty warm. Didn't do their trophy tails any good though.

Probably about the only thing some of the deer farmers on here would let ya kill on their ground or do they own the ticks too ? :D

Top Bottom