Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

ATV Sprayers

Rutty

Looking to buy an ATV Boom sprayer. I normally plant about 4 acres of food plots a year. Needing to buy a sprayer that will last but not break the bank. Anybody have any recommendations? Thanks

Fleet Farm has a 25gal with 7ft boom sprayer on sale for $299. Also has a wand for spot spraying.

Fleet Farm has a 25gal with 7ft boom sprayer on sale for $299. Also has a wand for spot spraying.

I can't remember what brand mine is, but it is equivalent to what you find at Fleet Farm or Orscheln, etc. I use it many times each year and it is has been solid for me. I did remake the boom and made it more rugged...as I have sprayed over, kinda over, kinda through :), small volunteer trees many times and the store bought booms will not take that abuse well. So I MacGuyver'ed a new one that is pretty stout.

FS manufacturing and enduraplas both make great products but they aren't afraid to charge for them.

I went with the Farm & Fleet Fimco Boomless too. It just has a long throw nozzle that works well on each end. It keeps me from tearing off the boom if I get too close to anything. I use it on some trails to keep the brush from taking over, so the boom would get snapped off sooner or later. I do two plots totaling 5 acres. Works great.

880845.jpg

I had nothing but bad luck with the flimsy fimco sprayers, went through 3 of them pretty much had just about every part break , at one point or another, I've had super luck with the northstar 30 gal boomless which also has a 5 gal min pump compared to 2 gal , reasonable price around $ 300 I'm spraying about 12 acres

I use a FIMCO sprayer but I dont use the easily breakable and junk nozzles that come with it. I use the Black Rain sprayer and it works 10x better.

I really like the 10' booms on this one. They will break away when hit something and spring back after you clear the obstacle. The spray tips and hoses are completely protected. I've probably owned this one for 15 years and I use it a lot. I have replaced the pump as well as about everything else on top of the tank but have never touched the booms or spray tips.
f6adc837b991fdc4fc0ba004019a2e0e.jpg
be0a71e3675a2d94c44cd0b26efb5a25.jpg
bad1b4b31ea9ee5e32454a2448f447e0.jpg
5d050263bcd0bee083f8cf75b68fcb4c.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm really intrigued by the boomless options. I'll be using mine for home & farm use both. Is the boomless option at 30'-40' swaths going to be a giant pain for spraying around the house? Is there any way to change the width of the swath?

Just my opinion...but I would be a little skeptical of the larger coverage(30' ish) sprayers without booms. While it would certainly be better to not have the booms out running into things, I would think that you would have to have more spray airborne with this approach and potentially be subjecting yourself to breathing in overspray. But that is conjecture...does anyone have any opinion on that?

I'm really intrigued by the boomless options. I'll be using mine for home & farm use both. Is the boomless option at 30'-40' swaths going to be a giant pain for spraying around the house? Is there any way to change the width of the swath?

I use my fimco at my house and farm. You can shut all off or just 1 off it will do a great job. If you got flowers or garden might want to stay away a bit bc they are super sensitive to spray. Biggest thing is try to run clean water through pump after trimec or 2 4d

Top Bottom