Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DWGH Farm Projects Thread 2019

Pipeline finished up their repair work about 10 days ago and came through on their pledge to rock my field road.
rock 3.jpg
rock 1.jpg
rock 2.jpg

You have oil well or something?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

No, TransCanada, AKA “Keystone Pipeline” runs through my place. They detected a dent in the pipeline and had to install a sleeve. Inconvenienced my turkey season pretty badly, but they compensated me and offered to put the rock down as a courtesy. Its going to come in handy for my loggers next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It finally dried up enough for my loggin buddy to get into the farm. Here’s a few big red oaks, and pallet lumber, select cut of white oaks yet to come. I hope we can catch a dry snap and get this job checked off the list and let the deer have the place for the rest of the summer.
IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

Added some fathead minnows and crawdads to the pond, transplanted from dads last night.
Also checked on the corn I re-planted on muddy memorial day. Its spiked up and looking good. Harper had fun running through the earlier corn that was over her head, playing hide and seek.

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

I planted a couple acres of beans for my buddy who owns a nursery last week and he hooked it up with a couple green giant arborvitae, a whote pine and a red pine. Planted along my field road and mulched them all in. I like the way it looked so much im getting 10 more green giants from him tomorrow to plant. Cant wait to see what they look like in 5 years. I also drilled about 3 additional acres of RWWP bedding in a bag native blend. It never stops...

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

58172092770__837EFEC4-05A2-4F95-923A-DD897FD0203E.jpg

Are you concerned that deer will eat the arborvitae? They seem to love those things.

I am not, my pops has several in his yard and theres lots of deer around and they havent messed with them. If they were going to they would have last year with the hardest winter in recent memory. If they jack with them then ill fence em i suppose.

I am not, my pops has several in his yard and theres lots of deer around and they havent messed with them. If they were going to they would have last year with the hardest winter in recent memory. If they jack with them then ill fence em i suppose.

Awesome! Best of luck with them and I enjoy your updates. You’ve got an awesome work ethic.

6/13/19 update... 8 weeks after planted corn and 7 weeks after planted beans... would be much better if the sun had shown earlier but i will take it

Top Bottom