Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scope mount/ring issue

rutnstrut

PMA Member
I just got this CVA Scout V2 in 45-70 as a smokless muzzy conversion but the scope base it comes with only has a couple cross bolts slots really limiting scope placement. Ive got the rings in the farthest forward slots and the scope pushed as far forward in them as possible which I think that alone could cause some reliability issues but even with the scope slammed forward in the rings Im still cramped on eye relief... I need the scope forward a little more... Does anyone know of any type of 30mm weaver/picatinny type rings that are extended or cantilevered to get me the extra room? I thought about a 1pc AR style mount which would still suck being how how it would mount the scope but I tried a couple and the cross bolt slot spacing wont allow it to be mounted on the base. I cant seem to find an aftermarket base for the gun either
a153ba420f1074cec275535cf3183e06.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I run the DNZ mount on all my SML gun with Leupold Scopes, including my Scout, and know of 3 other guys running them on there scouts, all 30 mm also.

I run the DNZ mount on all my SML gun with Leupold Scopes, including my Scout, and know of 3 other guys running them on there scouts, all 30 mm also.

Ya Im thinking about ordering one to give it a try. The only issue I may have is that it sounds like some of the newer barrels were drilled different than the older ones... Same spacing just farther back on the barrel which is what seems to be causing my issue. The EGW bases say thay the farthest hole back should be 1.29" from the breach and mine is less than .75" if my holes started another half inch or more down the barrel I think Id get away with what Ive already got but thats not the case.

Top Bottom