Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bow pull up rope?

Rutty

What do you guys use for bow pull up ropes? I need to equip about 10 stands with pull up ropes? Anybody have any cheap options?

Agree but bypass the carabineer and tie a decent size loop instead. Slip it between the limb and string and loop over the cam and your good.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Agree but bypass the carabineer and tie a decent size loop instead. Slip it between the limb and string and loop over the cam and your good.

Good advice, dont just clip to your string. If your bow gets hung up on the way up and you are on the string only you can create some big problems.

Interesting... never thought about it much but I have always made a small loop and put it around my stabilizer. Any possible issues with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting... never thought about it much but I have always made a small loop and put it around my stabilizer. Any possible issues with that?

This has worked for me too for many years without any issues.

I use a retractable type clipped on my gear bag. Wrap a couple times around the limb and clip back on to the rope. There is some noise when it is retracting while bringing up my bow, but I try to go slow to minimize that. Never thought to leave a rope at the tree I guess.

Tonight’s hunt 1st real time out. Use this cheap strap & no rope. This tree sucks & wish had rope on this one. I’m ropeless though.
4a00e8bf6e51b4be0ae3b6ccc2588343.jpg

Alright- taking ur advice & getting at least a bow rope I can bring with if needed ;). Stupid small trees with tons of limbs suck getting in and out with back pack & bow. I will admit that :)

I use 550 paracord. roughly 50 ft. There is a loop in the middle of the rope. one end clips to me... loop in the middle clips to my pack. loop at the other end hooks to the bow. I usually run it through the cam. To store, I hold out pink and thumb and wrap it in a figure 8 around those two fingers. It NEVER gets tangled when wrapping that way.

I use 550 paracord. roughly 50 ft. There is a loop in the middle of the rope. one end clips to me... loop in the middle clips to my pack. loop at the other end hooks to the bow. I usually run it through the cam. To store, I hold out pink and thumb and wrap it in a figure 8 around those two fingers. It NEVER gets tangled when wrapping that way.

I wrap same way for my mobile rope. Fixed stands have dedicated rope. If you don't understand what he's talking about watch this guy. Not that you need to buy his rope. Guys quite the salesman. go to 3 minute mark.

From my experience only, and you don't have to listen to me :) I always tie to the limb or through the riser. One night last year I was in a hurry to get down, tied the rope to my string up by the top cam, started lowering my bow and the rope slipped out of my hand. Down the bow went, hit the end of the cord and slipped the bow string off my top cam derailing the bow. Fortunately that was all that happened and my buddy had a press so it was quickly and easily fixed. I use paracord as well and now have carabiners on all of them with a loop tied in the cord as well. Quick and effective.

I just use a hunter's Specialties bow rope or whatever it's called. Just a string with a clip on each end. It's always in my hunting pants pocket. Clip onto the bow, put the other end in my teeth, climb. When I can reach the stand platform, I'll clip it onto the stand then pull it up when I'm in place. It comes down and goes back in my pocket at the end of the hunt.

I’ve got a reel type with a tape like cord. I had one with round cord and it snapped without visible damage. I figure fraying one the flat tape should be more visible.

Top Bottom