Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer cast app

deadeye

Thoughts on if anybody uses the Drury deer cast app? People who do are you paying subscriber's or just using the free version?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Used it quite a bit last year when it gave you a 5 day forecast on movement. Still have the free version this year but probably won't use it as much now that you only get the current day forecast.

Used it quite a bit last year when it gave you a 5 day forecast on movement. Still have the free version this year but probably won't use it as much now that you only get the current day forecast.

I get as much from my weather APP, don’t care to watch the “content”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I paid for the $10 version. I think it’s funny everyone acts like it’s outrageously expensive. Coming from folks spending hundreds of dollars on all sorts of hunting stuff: trail cam batteries, SD cards, food plots, etc.

I like it because I feel like it’s another tool in my tool belt. It’s been accurate enough that I value the input it provides.

I paid for the $10 version. I think it’s funny everyone acts like it’s outrageously expensive. Coming from folks spending hundreds of dollars on all sorts of hunting stuff: trail cam batteries, SD cards, food plots, etc.

I like it because I feel like it’s another tool in my tool belt. It’s been accurate enough that I value the input it provides.

Do you think you’ve hunted days you wouldn’t have without it or vice verse? They use weather underground for the raw data then use their input on fronts, temps, moon and phase to predict it. I guess IMO if you’ve been paying attention the last 10 years you know when is and isn’t a good time to hunt. When it’s the “rut” all rules are out the window anyways lol

... their "farm giveaway" is one of the greatest marketing ploys I've ever seen. Good job by them. Can't fault the creativity. God bless America.

I've said it before and will again. Smart for them to charge, silly for you to buy

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I don't pay attention to moon phase at all. I check Wunderground daily so I'm aware of when pressure is rising/falling and a cold front is hitting. I think it's combining that information with moon phase that interests me.

I've got an incredibly flexible career so I do feel it's made a little bit of a difference on when I hunt.

My point is simply that $10 is a microscopic drop in the bucket compared to everyone's hunting "budgets". Start tracking how much you spend on gas doing farm projects, checking cameras, and going hunting. Trust me, you don't want to lol

I been following it pretty close and as of yesterday have officially determined that it isn't very accurate. Some days it's been good but based on the weather it was a no brainer. Many other days it's been flat wrong. One day in particular this year, Sept 28th, it showed GREAT right on through a raging rainstorm with thunder and lightning, so much so, that I bailed out of my blind and sprinted for my cabin as my field filled with water and the ditches raged. It stilled showed great when I got back to my cabin then after hunting hours ended it had changed to OK. What the H??

The last 5 days is been dead wrong in my area. Last night the app said BAD for my area of MO. Despite that I had a 4 or 5 year old show up on a plot at 3:30 and from that point on that plot had deer on it and the buck at 3:30 went by the cam chasing a doe at 5:40. My other farm had 5 buck on a plot including a 3 and 4 year old during daylight and lots of does. And that's just what 2 cameras saw. A buddy hunted Thursday through Sunday last week in the same area and had fantastic sits. Multiple bucks, older bucks, sparring, sraping, grunting, and lots of does. Deercast predicted OK at best. Perhaps early does got the bucks going which Deercast can't ever predict, who knows.

I'm a fan of the Moon Guide and interstingly the last 5 days have been red moon days.

I been following it pretty close and as of yesterday have officially determined that it isn't very accurate. Some days it's been good but based on the weather it was a no brainer. Many other days it's been flat wrong. One day in particular this year, Sept 28th, it showed GREAT right on through a raging rainstorm with thunder and lightning, so much so, that I bailed out of my blind and sprinted for my cabin as my field filled with water and the ditches raged. It stilled showed great when I got back to my cabin then after hunting hours ended it had changed to OK. What the H??

The last 5 days is been dead wrong in my area. Last night the app said BAD for my area of MO. Despite that I had a 4 or 5 year old show up on a plot at 3:30 and from that point on that plot had deer on it and the buck at 3:30 went by the cam chasing a doe at 5:40. My other farm had 5 buck on a plot including a 3 and 4 year old during daylight and lots of does. And that's just what 2 cameras saw. A buddy hunted Thursday through Sunday last week in the same area and had fantastic sits. Multiple bucks, older bucks, sparring, sraping, grunting, and lots of does. Deercast predicted OK at best. Perhaps early does got the bucks going which Deercast can't ever predict, who knows.

I'm a fan of the Moon Guide and interstingly the last 5 days have been red moon days.

What’s tomorrow

How about October 31- November 3?
You could have a new gig here!
I've seen the bucks you shoot...you don't need no deercast, LOL.

Tonight and tomorrow evening have changed to good. Tuesday through Saturday are great both am and pm. They are also Red Moon days. We can't ask for better conditions!!

I've seen the bucks you shoot...you don't need no deercast, LOL.

Tonight and tomorrow evening have changed to good. Tuesday through Saturday are great both am and pm. They are also Red Moon days. We can't ask for better conditions!!

Now I may be skeptical but the last 4 days of October and first 10 of November are great regardless of red moon or not

I’ve only been able to get out 2 afternoons so far. Going forward, if I get a chance, I’ll take it, whether a “forecast” says its good or not.

I’ve only been able to get out 2 afternoons so far. Going forward, if I get a chance, I’ll take it, whether a “forecast” says its good or not.

Agree 110%. I havent even climbed a tree in Iowa yet. After my ass-kickicking in SoDak I am still taking my sweet time.

Now I may be skeptical but the last 4 days of October and first 10 of November are great regardless of red moon or not

True, but the hottest days shift around a bit in my opinion. 2017 was really good on my farms late October through Nov 5 then slowed down noticeably. Most years November 5-10 are better. 2013 was on fire Nov 10-15 but slower up until then.

Top Bottom