Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Extreme Hunting Coveralls

PopPop

Looking to buy a new pair of Hunting/camo coveralls for extreme cold. I figure you guys would know best of all. What are your thoughts pros/cons. I would like something that is quite. Hunting all day long.
Thanks
PopPop

First lite Sanctuary bibs are awesome. Like wearing a sleeping bag. Completely silent.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: arm
I'll second the Sanctuary bibs. They are super warm, especially for stationary hunting. Probably too warm to if you are walking. I always pack mine in, then put on once I'm where I'll be hunting.

Reactions: arm
Sitka Incinerator.
You will have to pack them in.

Never used the First Lite can’t comment on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If were talking strictly for sitting then a Heater Body Suit can not be beat. Artic Shield also makes one but no experience with that one. A HBS is a game changer. Hard to imagine hunting without one

Heater body suit, Arctic shield or Iwom. All three get a lot of good reviews. I have Iwom because I prefer the arms versus having to "get out" of the HBS. You can't get a warmer garment than these.

Heater body suit, Arctic shield or Iwom. All three get a lot of good reviews. I have Iwom because I prefer the arms versus having to "get out" of the HBS. You can't get a warmer garment than these.
I just bought the one made by Arctic Shield last week. Blains has them on sale for 199.99. The last 2 days of high winds and cold temps in ne iowa the suit made for comfortable 4 hr sits!

Cabela's had a pair of stand Hunter extremes that were good and heavy. I am not seeing that they carry them anymore though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Cabelas MT050 have been great for me in the stand. I bet BassPro got rid of them & probably sell Redhead stuff now.

I've used wool clothes from Gray Wolf Woolens for years. You can't beat it on even the coldest days.

Cabela's had a pair of stand Hunter extremes that were good and heavy. I am not seeing that they carry them anymore though.

FWIW, I bought some wool outers from Cabela's about 2 years ago, and they were being closed out at the time. It sounds like they may have been what you are describing. But nothing that I have ever worn does a better job of keeping you warm in these type of cold conditions.

Top Bottom